Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manager required

+18
DollyTillIDie
themaclad
distantmusic
South of the river
Brocker
janb
DollyBlueLancs
cityuntilidie
LancsUniJim
adamw85
Quality Since 1911
sparrows left peg
Tobycarvery
Prestondolly
Shrimpsmakemeill
Conmac End
LFC-LCFC
chelseabilly
22 posters
Go down
Shrimpsmakemeill

Manager required - Page 5 Empty Re: Manager required

28/9/2015, 23:04
South of the river wrote:I was all for Gascoigne when he was touted for the position circa 2005 and my opinion hasn't changed.  He's speaking at the Grand Theatre at the end of October where I'm sure he could be approached Smile.
Wouldn't he always be pissed?

Evo-Stik site states Hunter taking charge for the moment with Carlton as his assistant.
Quality Since 1911

28/9/2015, 23:31
For those of you old enough to remember, I'd rather have Bamber Gascoigne in charge than Paul !

and I too have read it's Hunter and Carlton so let's get behind them until / if someone new / old is in place, COYDB
Conmac End

29/9/2015, 08:02
Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:
South of the river wrote:I was all for Gascoigne when he was touted for the position circa 2005 and my opinion hasn't changed.  He's speaking at the Grand Theatre at the end of October where I'm sure he could be approached Smile.
Wouldn't he always be pissed?

Evo-Stik site states Hunter taking charge for the moment with Carlton as his assistant.

I'm not impressed with that pairing at the helm!!
distantmusic

29/9/2015, 08:58
I suspect Gary & Danny are doing tonight because of the short notice, I doubt we should be reading anything into it.
With regards to Darren & Trevor it's clear that there is a great deal of respect out there for what they tried to do. I can remember back to the first supporters forum when Darren talked of a 4 year plan and I thought it was a brave move on behalf of the Club to buy into that - I had my doubts at the time, as I'm sure others did, and unfortunately it hasn't worked out but it's been an interesting journey and I can only wish both Darren & Trevor all the best in whatever they do in the future.
Quality Since 1911

29/9/2015, 10:34
Great Post distantmusic Smile
themaclad
themaclad

29/9/2015, 10:40
Gascoigne, think he will come to Lancaster when he lives in Bournemouth is fanciful, not going to happen in a million years.
Think a reality check is needed the club does not appear to have a lot of money and appears to be treading water, the days of the Conference North will never return and getting to the Evo Premier appears to be out of range these days.
Gates are poor when I first started watching in 1997 we were getting 400 on a regular basis, we've lost the pub the ground now appears to be part of a housing estate(Just waiting for the first complaint in respects of footballs hitting the houses behind the ground)
Interest in the club from the general Lancaster public is minimal, we seem to have lost the link to the University that we used to have, Bailrig radio ever come down these days.
The management that has just left was a worthy attempt of propelling the club forward however you cannot play Premiership pass it along the back line type of football in this league.
Everybody seems to want TH to come back, OK did a great job but the Myrescough link didn't help us having a reserve side playing miles away was detrimental to the club.
Sadly this club is going nowhere best get used to it, finally thanks to DP and TS you did your best in difficult circumstances.
DollyTillIDie

29/9/2015, 10:55
themaclad wrote:Gascoigne, think he will come to Lancaster when he lives in Bournemouth is fanciful, not going to happen in a million years.
Think a reality check is needed the club does not appear to have a lot of money and appears to be treading water, the days of the Conference North will never return and getting to the Evo Premier appears to be out of range these days.
Gates are poor when I first started watching in 1997 we were getting 400 on a regular basis, we've lost the pub the ground now appears to be part of a housing estate(Just waiting for the first complaint in respects of footballs hitting the houses behind the ground)
Interest in the club from the general Lancaster public is minimal, we seem to have lost the link to the University that we used to have, Bailrig radio ever come down these days.
The management that has just left was a worthy attempt of propelling the club forward however you cannot play Premiership pass it along the back line type of football in this league.
Everybody seems to want TH to come back, OK did a great job but the Myrescough link didn't help us having a reserve side playing miles away was detrimental to the club.
Sadly this club is going nowhere best get used to it, finally thanks to DP and TS you did your best in difficult circumstances.

How've you worked that one out? We were calling for an end to the Myerscough link to develop local talent and if what we have now is the best of it (even then it's leftover from those not at Morecambe) then God help us. If some of these reserve players come in and make a difference I'll be happy to me made to look an idiot with this post, but until then I'd pay the Myerscough link out of my own back pocket.
Prestondolly

29/9/2015, 11:24
The last post is pathetic, if that is how the reserves are thought of by some supporters then no wonder young players do'nt make it at Lancaster, 1 mistake & you would be crucified by some fans, no wonder the club is struggling to attract young players, if that is the level of support off dollytillidie GOD HELP US, did Akrigg, Winder, Pearce , Clarke not come through the reserves ???
Conmac End

29/9/2015, 11:37
Have a good reserve team is great any help from Myrescough would be great!

Just don't want anybody from the glum!
themaclad
themaclad

29/9/2015, 11:42
The trouble was the reserves played at Myrescough not at the Axe. Yes we had some good players from Myrescough but did we actually ever make any money put of them, apart from Danny Hattersley, several have gone onto league careers, Bunney, Rhys Turner, also how many of the Myrescough link actually were Lancaster lads?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum