Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manager required

+18
DollyTillIDie
themaclad
distantmusic
South of the river
Brocker
janb
DollyBlueLancs
cityuntilidie
LancsUniJim
adamw85
Quality Since 1911
sparrows left peg
Tobycarvery
Prestondolly
Shrimpsmakemeill
Conmac End
LFC-LCFC
chelseabilly
22 posters
Go down
chelseabilly

Manager required - Page 10 Empty Re: Manager required

2/10/2015, 07:46
After a sleepless night(yes I am that sad when it comes to my club) The person who I think we should appoint is Phil brown,now before the anti myerscough brigade get going lets as Rafa would say let's look at the facts,If my memory is correct in the final season of the reserves they won the league and cup,yes most games were played at the college and not many Lancaster youngsters were selected,Anothet negative was the local first team players had to travel the short distance to myerscough to train.If we look at Phils credentials then they are second to non on bringing on good young players,he is still head coach at the college and as been involved as assistant and interim manager at Stockport,Is list of players who are now playing in the football league is excellent.Pilkington( Norwich )think he may now be at Cardiff ,joe Bunney,Reece Turner,Danny Hattersley,Alex Kenyon,They all bar Pilkington played and scored for city,there are many more we could put on the list who are playing non league as high as the conference,The first thing that springs to mind about the above list is strikers or how we would love a goal scorer like any of those,The myerscough connection did go sour towards he end but maybe a reason why the age bill at Lancaster was higher then was because approximately 5k a year was saved on running the reserves from there,Example no floodlights to pay for no gas no electric no training pitches to be paid for no kit to wash(my fav).A young manager like Phil maybe the way forward he knows the non league and as good contacts,I'm sure there are people out there who will rubbishy this idea but in my opinion it's a way foreword ,I think the young lads being brought through the reserves would be given a chance by Phil and if the facts are not enough what about appointing a manager who as scored a winning goal in a cup final for Lancaster?. Oh sorry Phil as done that as well
Quality Since 1911

2/10/2015, 07:54
Or here's two more names in the hat, Jim Harvey (prob cost too much) or Tony Sullivan ??

Just a thought ! Smile
Rortise

2/10/2015, 07:56
Quite a few people in the George and Dragon last night mentioning Tony Sullivan's name, wouldn't be the worst appointment if Ronnie Pickering wasn't available
sparrows left peg

2/10/2015, 08:09
I think we tried to get Sullivan in after the Stringfellow/Wainwright 'era' but he wanted to bring in his own people/players from the Liverpool are, which is one of the reasons DP has gone.
LancsUniJim

2/10/2015, 08:23
Not Tony Sullivan please, ask the people of Witton and I don't want an influx of scousers at the club.

Jim Harvey would be good, I would like to see a more modern manager to take us forward, get away from the 'old school' mentality and get us playing some attractive football.

I expect loads of experienced evo-stik strap yard managers would have applied (Paul Moore, Sullivan, Lee Ashcroft etc etc) I wouldn't touch any of them.
Prestondolly

2/10/2015, 08:45
Now Tony Hesketh is apparently not taking the job the fans now need to get behind the directors & trust them to make the right choice after all they are also fans, then the fans need to support whoever gets the job & not get on their backs, maybe TH was the sentimental choice of a few but not necceserally the right choice long term.
Conmac End

2/10/2015, 09:22
chelseabilly wrote:Were equally gutted broker.hope I am not being to foreword the fans choice took time out this afternoon to personally ring me and thanked everyone on the web page for there support,it wasn't to be,and one day with Tony's permission I will let everyone know why.i will just say he was massively impressed with the steps mark and Stuart have made to improve the pitch and surroundings and his reasons are nothing to do with players or monies,I personally am so sad that we couldn't make it happen but it shows the quality of the man when after talking to our directors the next call is to a supporter who he knows would of loved to see him back at our club,His words to me were  that he felt like he was home on Tuesday night when he watched the game and even though our support was a bit thin on the ground the people who love this club were still there,I fully understand His reasons and I know he as told the directors if he can be of any help in the future he would be glad to help.I personally want toThank you Tony for your kind words and your honesty best of look to you.

That's sad news Billy.

The club could have made giant steps in the right direction with the appointment of TH!
Conmac End

2/10/2015, 09:26
LancsUniJim wrote:Not Tony Sullivan please, ask the people of Witton and I don't want an influx of scousers at the club.

Jim Harvey would be good, I would like to see a more modern manager to take us forward, get away from the 'old school' mentality and get us playing some attractive football.

I expect loads of experienced evo-stik strap yard managers would have applied (Paul Moore, Sullivan, Lee Ashcroft etc etc) I wouldn't touch any of them.

Jim Harvey should go back to the club that sacked him when he was on the sick !!
Conmac End

2/10/2015, 09:30
chelseabilly wrote:After a sleepless night(yes I am that sad when it comes to my club) The person who I think we should appoint is Phil brown,now before the anti myerscough brigade get going lets as Rafa would say let's look at the facts,If my memory is correct in the final season of the reserves they won the league and cup,yes most games were played at the college and not many Lancaster youngsters were selected,Anothet negative was the local first team players had to travel the short distance to myerscough to train.If we look at Phils credentials then they are second to non on bringing on good young players,he is still head coach at the college and as been involved as assistant and interim manager at Stockport,Is list of players who are now playing in the football league is excellent.Pilkington( Norwich )think he may now be at Cardiff ,joe Bunney,Reece Turner,Danny Hattersley,Alex Kenyon,They all bar Pilkington played and scored for city,there are many more we could put on the list who are playing non league as high as the conference,The first thing that springs to mind about the above list is strikers or how we would love a goal scorer like any of those,The myerscough connection did go sour towards he end but maybe a reason why the age bill at Lancaster was higher then was because approximately 5k a year was saved on running the reserves from there,Example no floodlights to pay for no gas no electric no training pitches to be paid for no kit to wash(my fav).A young manager like Phil maybe the way forward he knows the non league and as good contacts,I'm sure there are people out there who will rubbishy this idea but in my opinion it's a way foreword ,I think the young lads being brought through the reserves would be given a chance by Phil and if the facts are not enough what about appointing a manager who as scored a winning goal in a cup final for Lancaster?. Oh sorry Phil as done that as well

Cracking one Billy, I agree totally!
Conmac End

2/10/2015, 09:37
Prestondolly wrote:Now Tony Hesketh is apparently not taking the job the fans  now need to get behind the directors & trust them to make the right choice after all they are also fans, then the fans need to support whoever gets the job & not get on their backs, maybe TH was the sentimental choice of a few but not necceserally the right choice long term.

If our new Manager has any connections with the glum he won't get my support!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum