Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fans' forum

+6
LFC-LCFC
Mad Cyril
Shrimpsmakemeill
Brocker
alasher
AJ
10 posters
Go down
alasher
alasher

Fans' forum - Page 3 Empty Re: Fans' forum

19/2/2013, 16:43
Level-headed response Brocker! I was shown DF's posting last night just before the meeting started ( he also sent it as an email to AJ) & was also wondering what exactly the problem is? The date of the forum was changed,yes,but it was changed only a day after being originally set for the Wednesday & this was posted on both the official website & on here within hours of the change being made (original posting made at 10.41 am Feb 6th,revised date posted 11.54 am Feb 7th) The change was made because Stringy & Wainy couldnt make the Wednesday & for no other reason.

While I'm on the subject,can I say thank you to those who turned up,& to Neil & Michael for taking the time to come, and being upfront,honest & answering the questions put to them
Dollyfan

19/2/2013, 17:33
sparrows left peg wrote:To Mr Dollyfan, no-one is forcing you to go and watch City but it seems to me that you are the wrong side of the Lune to say of people 'being up their own backsides'. You say you've been once in many years and didn't like it, well boo-hoo, stop throwing your toys out of the pram and go and support Hoghgrove or whoever. We want supporters who are 100% behind the club whether they are vocal or not. We go away from home in large numbers {unlike many clubs} and most are complimentary about our support, in fact they encourage it. These are hard times for everyone, not just in football but in life. You can't expect businesses to just throw money into a venture or a club {especially non-league} without wanting to make a huge profit. Maybe your wife is right, you shouldn't come, maybe she is the one with the balls in your household.

I Rest My Case (ignorance is ignorance not bliss)
sparrows left peg

19/2/2013, 18:50
I get 'bliss' everytime i go through the turnstiles, unlike you it seems.
What exactly is your beef with the club ? If it's people like me don't stand to us, there are plenty of spaces.
Dollyfan

19/2/2013, 19:48
sparrows left peg wrote:I get 'bliss' everytime i go through the turnstiles, unlike you it seems.
What exactly is your beef with the club ? If it's people like me don't stand to us, there are plenty of spaces.

If it's people like me don't stand to us, there are plenty of spaces.. Evil or Very Mad

If you don't want to play with us stay away is exactly the attitude that has probably reduced the gates from 800+ (Brocker will remember) to the current 180 on a good day.

Can you imagine the average local football fan wanting to get involved where the match day and forum experience is so unwelcoming. I detest Morecambe and probably did long before you but sadly I understand why people might go there for a better day out and probably feel more welcome by the Morecambe fans.

Stop being a yob and try to think how you can help sell LCFC to other people that will help the Lancaster City business (it is a business) survive and thrive. My guess is you prefer to see the 180 than the 800+ because you will be a small fish Etc 180 makes you feel important 800+ you are just another fan. If you really care about the club encourage people to get involved and help them to enjoy the match day experience by being inclusive not selective. SELL THE CLUB
Conmac End

19/2/2013, 20:03
Now then DF.

What was the last LCFC game you attended?

The more information you give us and the more blanks we can fill in. scratch
sparrows left peg

19/2/2013, 20:53
Mr Dollyfan, i don't know you and you don't know me but don't dare call me a 'Yob'. I've been going to watch City for over 40 years and not once have i ever been involved in any violence or bad behaviour, and that includes the regular trouble with Barrow and Morecambe. How can you tell what i want ? No-ones happy with 150 + but how long now have we've been preaching to try and get more in. Having Football League clubs all around us doesn't help.
You said on your first post that you'd been down to the Axe for the first time in ages and 'wish i hadn't bothered and haven't been since'. So you'd be an expert then on what the club is hoping to achieve then ?. Getting a season ticket for the last 15 or so seasons means i've put enough money into the club pal. What is it with you, getting behind your team or god-forbid start 'Chanting' and oh i'm a 'Yob'. You are confusing everyone with your stance against the club so back it or don't bother.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

19/2/2013, 21:32
Dollyfan wrote:Some of the supporters are so up their own backsides that they positively work against the best interests of the club in recruiting new supporters and maybe even new finance into the club.

DF,

Please elaborate on the above on what it is exactly that the supporters are doing that stops people from attending and stops businesses supporting the club?

Dollyfan wrote:SELL THE CLUB

This, on the other hand, helps how? And why is the forum experience so unwelcoming? Is it because ridiculous comments like yours aren't taken seriously?

For someone who claims to care about the club so much you've slagged off every single part of it.
Dollyfan

19/2/2013, 21:54
Touched a Raw Nerve Sorry ??????????

Please Note Sell means Market to Prospective Supporters not get rid of

Believe me I owe the club for the pleasure I received and the help from good people who were first and foremost part of a community. I was brought up on Willow Lane and without LCFC and those good people I would not have succeeded in anything and would definately have failed in life. It just seems to me that the bigger picture of LCFC being part of a community and helping others to enjoy the club is missing which may be why the community are not supporting the club. Anyway I will bow out now in the hope that if nothing else I have made one or two of you step back and think.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

19/2/2013, 22:43
dollyfan wrote: Anyway I will bow out now in the hope that if nothing else I have made one or two of you step back and think.

You've dodged nearly every question asked and given little in constructive argument.
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

20/2/2013, 17:43
Dollyfan wrote:Anyway I will bow out now in the hope that if nothing else I have made one or two of you step back and think.

Well not really, because you've not actually said anything.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum