Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fans' forum

+6
LFC-LCFC
Mad Cyril
Shrimpsmakemeill
Brocker
alasher
AJ
10 posters
Go down
AJ

Fans' forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Fans' forum

15/2/2013, 12:57
Haven't received any questions which is fine, I wasn't expecting too and it'll be a better exchange without pre-conceptions.

I won't be at the game on Saturday due to work, hopeully see plenty down on Monday, haven't heard much from anyone on it so hoping people are going to come and air their views.
Brocker

15/2/2013, 16:58
That's odd. I emailed a couple of questions to the address you gave. Have they vanished into the wide blue yonder? Shocked
AJ

15/2/2013, 22:13
I haven't received them, and it's definitely ap.Jackson@live.co.uk
Perhaps all lower case (my phone won't seem to let me write that way) will help.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

18/2/2013, 16:20
Reminder to everyone tonight's the night for everyone to air their views where it matters.

See you all there Very Happy
Conmac End

18/2/2013, 17:01
LFC-LCFC wrote:Reminder to everyone tonight's the night for everyone to air their views where it matters.

See you all there Very Happy

You best sit at the back, out of the way, after last time Smile
Dollyfan

18/2/2013, 19:26
Hi

Which night is the meeting Tonight or Wednesday? Its no wonder people get cheesed off. If the board can’t organise a meeting what chance a successful football club.

Too many egos both Directors and some ‘Supporters’

as they say in Dragons Den “I’m Out”

Some of the supporters are so up their own backsides that they positively work against the best interests of the club in recruiting new supporters and maybe
even new finance into the club. Big fish little pool syndrome comes to mind.

I am not the first to complain about the small group on the forum who take great pleasure in being rude to others outside their little world.

I suggest they try that approach in business and see just how long it takes to go bankrupt.

I remember travelling to the Giant Axe to see a game the first for many years I was really looking forward to it. I stood with some of the so called regular forum fans and wished I hadn’t bothered. I haven’t been since although I have put money in the club.

My wife did say to me why bother get along to some local team and get involved in helping them. It will never be the same because the Dollies were my childhood heroes but thinking about it she is right.

Good Luck for the future
Mad Cyril
Mad Cyril

18/2/2013, 20:46
Not sure where the confusion comes from. It was originally going to be Wednesday, but was changed to tonight as AJ posted in this thread. Also says tonight on the official club site.

I don't think (although I could be wrong) that it is organised by the board although though they are kindly supporting it.

Could you identify which supporters are up their own backside? Difficult to comment otherwise. What or who are "regular forum fans"?

There all sorts on here, from all sorts of walks of life and who stand in all sorts of parts of the ground (some noisier than others).
sparrows left peg

19/2/2013, 06:03
To Mr Dollyfan, no-one is forcing you to go and watch City but it seems to me that you are the wrong side of the Lune to say of people 'being up their own backsides'. You say you've been once in many years and didn't like it, well boo-hoo, stop throwing your toys out of the pram and go and support Hoghgrove or whoever. We want supporters who are 100% behind the club whether they are vocal or not. We go away from home in large numbers {unlike many clubs} and most are complimentary about our support, in fact they encourage it. These are hard times for everyone, not just in football but in life. You can't expect businesses to just throw money into a venture or a club {especially non-league} without wanting to make a huge profit. Maybe your wife is right, you shouldn't come, maybe she is the one with the balls in your household.
sparrows left peg

19/2/2013, 06:05
Oops sorry, should be Highgrove, tut tut, my state education !!
Brocker

19/2/2013, 10:12
I suppose that Dollyfan would regard SLP's response as being the sort of things he means, but he would surely have to accept that his own post was more than slightly provocative. Something has clearly got under your skin, Df, but as Mad says, it's not clear exactly what. People who come on the forum and who follow the team both at home and away are passionate about the club, and it was clear from last night's fans' forum how much sheer hard graft some people put in. I am sure no one sets out to be offensive (other than to our friends from over the Lune) but if they don't know how they are giving offence it will be difficult for them to put it right. Don't give up on the club, which I, like you, have been supporting since childhood (over 50 years ago, in my case) but please be a bit more specific about what is making you so cross.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum