Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lancs Trophy...does anyone care?

+10
CarefulWithThatAxe
mez
West Road End
Brocker
DollyTillIDie
janb
Conmac End
cityuntilidie
alasher
LFC-LCFC
14 posters
Go down
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

Lancs Trophy...does anyone care? - Page 3 Empty Re: Lancs Trophy...does anyone care?

29/10/2013, 17:49
Southport in Senior Cup (playing PNE tonight) which explains their absence from this one.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

Lancs Trophy...does anyone care? - Page 3 Empty Re: Lancs Trophy...does anyone care?

18/11/2013, 23:20
Hopefully another decent (for Lancs) crowd tomorrow Very Happy

Nothing less than 115, please.
Conmac End

19/11/2013, 00:06
I doubt 100 will be there!!!

Should have been moved to Wed'!!!
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

19/11/2013, 00:17
Conmac End wrote:Should have been moved to Wed'!!!
We moved the last game to Weds and we had people complaining Shocked 
Brocker

19/11/2013, 16:43
I can't do Wednesdays--not that that matters, but... I will be there tonight. Became sick of seeing us lose to Nelson in the 60s.
Brocker

19/11/2013, 22:59
If anybody is interested, we lost 1-3. If nobody is interested, we still lost 1-3. More to the point, we will lose Ryan Winder for three games for allegedly doing a Beckham '98 and kicking out at a player while he himself was on the ground. Also kept up our 100% record for penalties saved by opposition keepers. For what it is worth (not a lot) had Killer scored that , we would have been 1-2 (already without Danny Mc, sent off for handling outside his area). Swabba subsequently scored, so it actually WAS 1-2. Then Winder was off, then one of theirs for a second yellow card, then they scored again, then it ended. I suspect the referee was trying to ensure that there weren't more people on the field than on the terraces.
Nelson a good lively side, and if anyone is still awake, I'll put in my threepenn'orth and say that I've had no real interest in this competition since it became midweek, decades ago.I turn up out of a sense of duty, raise a muffled cheer if we score, and don't bat an eyelid when we go out, though it annoys me very much that what I see as a tinpot competition is going to cost us the services of one of our best players for three league matches. I realise that, on the forum, the majority view is pro the Lancs Cup, but attendances suggest that the majority of fans just don't rate it.
Conmac End

19/11/2013, 23:08
I rate this comp', lot more than dootson!!

Why play the game on the same night as an England game!!!!
Shrimpsmakemeill

19/11/2013, 23:10
So we're out of every cup by 19th November, concentrate on the league I suppose.
Looking down the league website of the nine matches played in the various county cups, seven attracted two-figure "crowds". And the two games in the Doodson cup drew in 82 and 86. It seems it's only the FA Cup and Trophy that people are really bothered about.
Just noticed a name from the past (briefly); Jamie Tandy scored for Droylsden tonight.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

19/11/2013, 23:19
I gave up tweeting when they scored their second. Couldn't be bothered in all honesty taking off my gloves to report the "performance" in front of me. Bad result. Bad performance. Some absolutely mind boggling events aka Ryan Winder.

Too many injuries at the minute to even beat a team two divisions below. Reminded me of the kind of performances we used to put in last season.
Tobycarvery

20/11/2013, 08:18
More worryingly perhaps is that since the beginning of October, we've lost seven out of fifteen games played, after being unbeaten through pre-season and up to the end of September, some 20 games in total. As well as that, we haven't won at home in any of our last five games. Even allowing for injuries, that's hardly encouraging form. We seem to be playing better away at the moment. Having said all that, we're still in the play off places and reasonably well placed, so all is not doom and gloom. Maybe we will benefit from only having league games left when those around us still have cup commitments (e.g. Curzon). Hope springs and all that.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum