Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DollyTillIDie

Gainsborough WGT Empty Gainsborough WGT

8/11/2021, 08:35
Not me! Just not seen a WGT in years!

Need a win and some momentum
Tobycarvery

Gainsborough WGT Empty Re: Gainsborough WGT

8/11/2021, 10:17
We certainly need a cup run to keep the season alive, as I fear we will end up mid table in the league. Only Hyde and Grantham have lost more games than us, and we have failed to score on eight occasions in the league, plus getting five red cards. Saturday was the same old story. Lots of possession but no end product. I thought we actually played better after going down to ten men. We threw two more strikers on but still didn't really test their keeper. Is it of any significance that there's been no post match comment from Mark?
Old Fan

8/11/2021, 12:24
I listened to the Scarborough FC radio commentary. Whilst it was no doubt a little biased it did sound as if we weren't very good! Hopefully things will improve at Gainsborough. I wonder if Nathan Reid will be able to play on Saturday or if his ban for the sending off will have kicked in by then?

If he is banned I wonder what Matty Blinkhorn is doing on Saturday!!!

Also interesting to see that Sam Fishburn came on for Carlisle as a sub on Saturday in the FA Cup
alasher
alasher

8/11/2021, 21:48
I'm not going either ☹
I did wonder about the lack of post match interview too.
Interesting to know that the Fish came on as a sub. I guess that reduces any chance we might have had of getting him on loan again after the new manager had had a look at him though
DollyTillIDie

9/11/2021, 14:44
Tobycarvery wrote:We certainly need a cup run to keep the season alive, as I fear we will end up  mid table in the league. Only Hyde and Grantham have lost more games than us, and we have failed to score on eight occasions in the league, plus getting five red cards. Saturday was the same old story. Lots of possession but no end product. I thought we actually played better after going down to ten men. We threw two more strikers on but still didn't really test their keeper. Is it of any significance that there's been no post match comment from Mark?

R.E. no post match interview, I’d suggest to refrain from comments being aired before a certain appeal has taken place…

R.E. a mid table finish, despite my usual glass-half-full approach about our squad and my strong support for Felly, I would at this point snap your hand off for a comfortable mid-table finish as long as it ran parallel with 1 or 2 cup runs… be it in the Mickey Mousiest Johnstone’s Paint Trophy Non League Challenge Cup or the LFA.
Tobycarvery

9/11/2021, 20:20
I didn' t know anything about an appeal. Presumably about the sending off. Why aren't we told?
alasher
alasher

10/11/2021, 05:20
Me neither. What are we appealing?
DollyTillIDie

10/11/2021, 13:35
Maybe some don’t know because we’re not meant to 😂 but some people can be nosy and some people can divulge information without much persuasion.

Probably the red card I imagine
alasher
alasher

13/11/2021, 08:16
According to this week's newsletter, the appeal failed
Tobycarvery

13/11/2021, 09:35
Can't say I'm surprised, having witnessed the tackle. Always likely if you tackle from behind. I do agree with MF that the crowd and players had an influence on the ref. Is he still available today, I wonder?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum