Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
alasher
alasher

Gainsborough Empty Gainsborough

9/12/2018, 16:28
NOTE....I'd had a few drinks yesterday, so the following should be regarded even more sceptically than usual Shocked

First half was quite poor, but evenly balanced. We should've scored when their keeper made a hash of a clearence & Blinks maybe should've lifted his attempt rather than striking it along the heavy pitch, allowing the keeper to redeem his initial mistake.
For the first period of the second half I thought we looked convincingly the better side, but apart from one headed effort from Blinks, which drew a good save, never really looked like scoring. We got done by a very good counter attack, although Scholsey maybe should've taken a yellow card for a foul on the halfway line, when the first clearence went upfield. After that it developed into an excellent move, a good cross, excellent movement by the goal scorer & a nice flicked header across the goal into the far corner, keeper had no chance. After that we huffed & puffed a bit, but I thought they looked more likely to score again on the break than we did when pessurising them.
Dissapointing result after a decent performance in that I thought we deserved a point, but hopefully we at least learned a bit
Attendance of 194 was a little dissapointing, but given the weather,the time of year(xmas shopping & all) & the fact thst the other lot were at home too, then maybe not too bad
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

Gainsborough Empty Re: Gainsborough

9/12/2018, 23:52
Grim day, grim game. Glad to get home.

Like 90% of all matches at Giant Axe in the past 18 months.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum