Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darwen

+3
sparrows left peg
LFC-LCFC
themaclad
7 posters
Go down
Jeff

Darwen - Page 2 Empty Re: Darwen

7/12/2017, 06:55
A torrid evening and a get-out-of-jail late on to escape the penalty lottery. Darwen were unrecognisable from the team I saw get steamrollered a week previously and battled hard on a tricky pitch. We had the lion's share of the ball but the longer we kept putting chances over the bar at 2-1 the more inevitable their late equaliser appeared. Thankfully there was one more twist in the tale!
Steve Williams played up front as a few have suggested, took his goal well and with physical presence held the ball up well but think I prefer to see him in defence to be honest.
sparrows left peg

7/12/2017, 09:56
Safe to say we're still not firing on all cylinders Was it a penalty ?
Jeff

7/12/2017, 10:47
I was at the other end of the ground so difficult to say. They didn't particularly protest and it looked a bit of a needless challenge from where I was, perhaps over excitement at just having equalised
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

7/12/2017, 13:36
Stonewall penalty, Harries was cleanly taken out when he would have been in on goal otherwise.

We looked comfortable for half an hour, but slowly got dragged down to their level (as per) and the game was quite poor after that. The pitch was atrocious, the floodlights provided very little light and there was a gale blowing from one end to the other. Wasn't the greatest of conditions but to blow the lead we had was disappointing when we should have been out of sight.

Trying not to be too harsh as we played a fairly mixed side with a fair few players who were lacking match fitness. Williams looked okay playing as a striker and partnered well with Kilifin which was a rare positive. It was almost an embarrassing night, but we got there and the result is all that matters in cup football.

Draw for the semis is at 5pm tonight.
blue dragon
blue dragon

9/12/2017, 00:31
sparrows left peg wrote:Safe to say we're still not firing on all cylinders Was it a penalty ?

Have a look for yourself on Facebook Friends of Lancaster City FC
sparrows left peg

9/12/2017, 04:05
I already have and it was, thanks.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum