Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tonight's game vs AFC Darwen

+10
Brocker
DollyTillIDie
themaclad
Quality Since 1911
CarefulWithThatAxe
LFC-LCFC
LancsUniJim
alasher
Tobycarvery
Command the Bond
14 posters
Go down
Command the Bond

Tonight's game vs AFC Darwen Empty Tonight's game vs AFC Darwen

10/11/2015, 12:23
IS ON !! ---- cheers So get down and cheer the lads on to victory !!
Tobycarvery

Tonight's game vs AFC Darwen Empty Re: Tonight's game vs AFC Darwen

10/11/2015, 14:04
Just hope Phil puts out a decent side so we're not embarrassed like last year against Cltheroe. Maybe Saturday's postponement means we'll have a stronger side than usual.
alasher
alasher

10/11/2015, 14:47
According to Phil's tweet on Saturday we will be taking it seriously
#COYDB #PJBBWA
LancsUniJim

10/11/2015, 22:38
Bloody hell really enjoyed that, superb game of football, a proper old fashioned cup tie that swung one way then the other. Credit to Darwen who were physical but we outclassed them in the end
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

10/11/2015, 23:18
Charlie Russell's goal was worth the fee alone! Only 96 people at the Axe to witness the game of the season so far which is disappointing. The Lancs Cup games are usually some of the most entertaining and attacking games! Evil or Very Mad

Goal of the season so far that. Will take some beating!
CarefulWithThatAxe

10/11/2015, 23:23
Pulsating game, could have ended 8-8. At times Darwin were well on top, with Mike Hale getting very little protection from his back four, but at other times we were dominant and should have troubled their makeshift keeper much more than we did. Just as it was looking as though we were going to lose came one of the best goals ever seen at the axe, from Charlie Russell, followed up by a messy goal from Danny C - on the scoresheet at last. Winder MOTM.

Yes, a great match, but we have to defend much better than that against better opposition. Rob Henry is a great guy and I hate to criticise him, but whether on the left or the right he was too easily beaten for pace. And I still don't think that Gav Clark is really a full-back.
Quality Since 1911

11/11/2015, 09:18
Well although it was an end to end game I was slightly worried, maybe it was the 'it's only a team from the NWCL' but I thought we were very slow out of the traps and some of our tackling and defending was poor, their 2nd a free header and a really well worked 3rd (we would be raving about it if we'd scored it) showed we still have a lot of work to do.

Saying that, we scored a wonder equaliser for 3-3 and it was great to see DC finally on the score sheet to win the game for us.

Still, I have concerns on that performance with the apparent lack of passion in the tackle and far too many stray passes.

But we won ! even if it wasn't in my opinion as good performance as it should have been against a team struggling in their division.
themaclad
themaclad

11/11/2015, 14:59
Give Darwen credit probably did not deserve to lose but we kept on going to sneak it at the end, second half performance, we should have had more shots at the keeper given we were playing with the wind and he was a central defender(he did well as well) to busy trying to walk it in but once behind we upped the ante and got the goals.
Full on cup tie and you cannot complain about the entertainment last night.
DollyTillIDie

11/11/2015, 15:30
Entertaining but frustrating.

Wasn't worried after their first and once Zach scored I was calm. I believe Z Clark has been the difference this season, Winder the best player but he generally gets the ball too deep to make an impact without someone further on. Zach is positive and direct and what a difference if makes. Both involved in the second goal too.

Their equaliser was criminal defending at any level, and as themaclad said their 3rd was quality, although I still thought we should have done more.

Charlie Russell has been virtually absent in every game, although in fairness he does seem to have to do a lot of chasing. I've now forgiven him because that's the best goal I've seen at the Axe.

Should have won it himself, but it didn't matter in the end. I wasn't bitter enough to not celebrate Carlton scoring in fact I was quite pleased to see it as much as that hurts to say.
Brocker

11/11/2015, 17:50
LFC-LCFC wrote:Charlie Russell's goal was worth the fee alone! Only 96 people at the Axe to witness the game of the season so far which is disappointing. The Lancs Cup games are usually some of the most entertaining and attacking games!  Evil or Very Mad

Goal of the season so far that. Will take some beating!
Not detracting from last night's performance, but the last few years have brought us unmitigated garbage in the Lancs Cup. Two losses to Wigan Robin Park, one to Padiham, a fiasco two years ago against Nelson which saw us end the game with nine men, and a three match ban for Ryan Winder. Then last year, Darren's , in my view, eminently sensible decision to treat this anachronism of a competition with contempt. Regardless of last night, I still think that this cup should have been given decent burial years ago. It adds to the fixture pile-up and has no real kudos any longer. All credit to the brave 96 who turned up, but the regularly sub-100 gates seem to express the view of a fair proportion of even loyal Dolly fans. I realise that many people take a different view, but the appearance of this competition on the fixture list always fills me with dismay.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum