Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

Ossett win Empty Ossett win

25/9/2016, 13:08
So for those who didn't go I'll sum it up.

Good City side + poor Ossett side + awful pitch + bit of cross-wind = bad game of football. Had to grind out the win but we always looked the more likely. Only disappointment is how we went into our shell after the goal and soaked up pressure.

Carney looked good when he came on in the second half as to be expected. There was also a very good chippy near the ground called Barracuda Fisheries Very Happy
DollyTillIDie

Ossett win Empty Re: Ossett win

25/9/2016, 13:34
Mayers hit bar and Conny missed an open net on follow up. Won't say it should have been 3 or 4 but definitely deserved. Saving the goals for Kiddy!
Shrimpsmakemeill

25/9/2016, 14:29
I was there but not behind the goal. Can someone clarify what happened? It seemed one defender knocked it back towards the goalkeeper and then another defender attempted to clear it off the line but couldn't get back quickly enough. Next we know Connie is claiming the goal!!
alasher
alasher

25/9/2016, 18:47
Always good to record a win, especially when it's a scrappy one!
I wasn't there, no will I be there on Tuesday (pesky 2-10, I'm relying on twitter & so hoping for plenty of updates,hint,hint) but the evostik site has given the goal to Connie, so that's good enough for netbusters & I. Sorry to all those of you that have pledged money on him scoring Very Happy
distantmusic

26/9/2016, 07:29
A lot of effort but little cohesion but hey these days happen and when they do the important thing is to grind out a win, which is what we did - great to see Craig back
COYDB
DollyTillIDie

26/9/2016, 13:38
Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:I was there but not behind the goal. Can someone clarify what happened? It seemed one defender knocked it back towards the goalkeeper and then another defender attempted to clear it off the line but couldn't get back quickly enough. Next we know Connie is claiming the goal!!

Ball over the top, right back tried to poke it out of Connerton's path but longed the keeper. Centre half tried to handball it off the line but couldn't.
South of the river

26/9/2016, 17:43
DollyTillIDie wrote:
Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:I was there but not behind the goal. Can someone clarify what happened? It seemed one defender knocked it back towards the goalkeeper and then another defender attempted to clear it off the line but couldn't get back quickly enough. Next we know Connie is claiming the goal!!

Ball over the top, right back tried to poke it out of Connerton's path but longed the keeper. Centre half tried to handball it off the line but couldn't.

"Longed the keeper?"
DollyTillIDie

26/9/2016, 23:42
South of the river wrote:
DollyTillIDie wrote:

"Longed the keeper?"

He really wanted to be with him.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum