Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3-1 v Prescot

+6
gaz1889
lukewilson
CarefulWithThatAxe
themaclad
janb
LFC-LCFC
10 posters
Go down
sparrows left peg

3-1 v Prescot - Page 2 Empty Re: 3-1 v Prescot

27/1/2013, 13:17
We've all got used to a good thing in Martin Fearon. Remember before him, Thornley's latter years, and the gaffes he made.
alasher
alasher

27/1/2013, 17:47
We were quite good,they were awful (are they getting paid these days?). Their keeper made a few excellent saves in the first half (although in a couple of cases he shouldnt have been given a chance to do so) but couldnt kick,so putting his team immediately back under pressure.Having said that,our keeper didnt have the greatest of days either. They seemed to have little interest in actually playing football,preferring agression & intimidation,which I thought we stood up to quite well,but there was always the threat of losing a man to retaliation. The only reason for our limp second-half showing that I can imagine was perhaps that our managers asked their players to hold back a little,which resulted in Prescot looking almost adequate.
I think that things have improved from early December onwards,wether by chance or design I dont know, I personally wouldnt be playing certain players in the positions they are playing in,but the changes have been succesful,so I cant really complain.
I dont know about anyone else,but I like the look of our defence much more with Winters in the middle & Marshie at left back.
lukewilson

27/1/2013, 20:21
alasher wrote:.I dont know about anyone else,but I like the look of our defence much more with Winters in the middle & Marshie at left back.

agreed defence looks much improved with having marshy on the left and he seems to have more of an impact from there.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

27/1/2013, 21:25
lukewilson wrote:
alasher wrote:.I dont know about anyone else,but I like the look of our defence much more with Winters in the middle & Marshie at left back.

agreed defence looks much improved with having marshy on the left and he seems to have more of an impact from there.

He also got much more involved offensively and pushed forward a lot more than our full backs usually do and it seemed to benefit us first half especially.

Dodgy was also very effective from the wing although wasn't supported as much.
Brocker

28/1/2013, 11:49
janb wrote:
Conmac End wrote:What's the story with Whiteside then, does anybody know!?

He's on a fitness kick, and is getting married. https://twitter.com/FlappyHandsRich

As for his status with Lancaster, I haven't a clue.
Hecky! I never realised you had to get fit to get married. Thank God for celibacy in that case, Shocked
Brocker

28/1/2013, 11:53
LFC-LCFC wrote:
lukewilson wrote:

He also got much more involved offensively and pushed forward a lot more than our full backs usually do and it seemed to benefit us first half especially.

Dodgy was also very effective from the wing although wasn't supported as much.
Agree both about the defence and about Dodger. Central midfield seemed to lose their grip on the game second half. Aaron Taylor showed, both with his through ball leading to the third goal and with a subsequent tackle that he may offer a lot once he is fully fit.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum