Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CITY 7 - Chadderton 1

+4
sparrows left peg
wilson07
janb
LFC-LCFC
8 posters
Go down
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

CITY 7 - Chadderton 1 Empty CITY 7 - Chadderton 1

13/7/2013, 22:19
Just going to post a few of my thoughts on the game.

The pitch - Looked very good after a cut and roll this morning. Even though it's only been widened by 4 feet either side it's made a big different and looks a lot better. The old linesman tracks still haven't fully recovered but it should all be fine by the Workington game, as should the rest of the pitch. Hopefully some may have noticed that parts of the penalty areas and centre circle have been re-turfed for the first time in years so less bobbles when through on goal now and I think that actually showed today.

Hunter and Mahoney. Seems to have the makings of a great centre midfield pairing. Bangor/Workington should be a real test.

Chris Liley. Anyone know where he's from? Both he and Wearing made an immediate impact coming on. With Jackson, Kilifin, Taylor, Bradley, Liley and Wearing we've actually got real forward depth for once.

Simon Wills at right back. Has to be. Akrigg grew into the game well, took his goal nicely. We might be starting the season with two Billys Shocked 

Bring on Bangor Very Happy

Last edited by LFC-LCFC on 14/7/2013, 14:30; edited 1 time in total
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

CITY 7 - Chadderton 1 Empty Re: CITY 7 - Chadderton 1

13/7/2013, 23:13
LFC-LCFC wrote:
Chris Liley. Anyone know where he's from?

OK, a little bit of googlestalking, from Lancaster, went to Leeds Met Uni?
https://www.facebook.com/chris.liley.14
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/leedscarnegie/s/players-coaches-21549.html
wilson07

14/7/2013, 07:19
is this a sign of things to come,beating teams 6 and 7????lol..
sparrows left peg

14/7/2013, 07:41
Nope !! But they are certainly playing a lot more fluently with Hunter and Mahoney in tandem. A few of the young lads look sharp as well, especially Wearing and Liley. With Jacko and the two Macs still away, all things look promising but I am tempted to stay fully grounded, after all - it's LCFC. Still think we need another CB, even when Winters returns.
brocklehurst95

14/7/2013, 08:29
Liley has 3 mutual friends with me on Facebook, 2 of which are football related. It also seems like he has a brother who was in my year at school. probably not interesting to anyone, but there you go
Brocker

14/7/2013, 14:08
Heck, Jonny. I am glad I was at the game, or the heading "Chadderton win 7-1" would have given me heart failure, thinking we had lost 1-7 to NWCL team. What struck me most was the greatly improved fitness level as compared with last year. We were lacking a bit of height in central defence, but presumably Rory Winters is still with us to supply that? Good to bump into Graham Taylor (98-99 Dolly) at the game.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

14/7/2013, 14:31
Brocker wrote:Heck, Jonny. I am glad I was at the game, or the heading "Chadderton win 7-1" would have given me heart failure, thinking we had lost 1-7 to NWCL team.

Basketball 
alasher
alasher

14/7/2013, 19:55
The improved fitness was noticeable & good to see, I think that was a big factor as we eased clear in the second half. I assume that that is part of the idea of widening the pitch, to stretch the game & make superior fitness a factor towards the end of games? Part of that statement is based on the square-pegs-in-round-holes use of Killer on the left wing & also that I was told that Akrigg regards himself as a central midfielder rather than a wide man (although he isn't going to get a game there in front of the Hunter/Mahoney pairing) I liked Liley when he came on, & Waring also (although he needs to improve his finishing) so we do have real strength in depth up front. Think on what I have seen that we need another central defender (or two?) & also a winger but apart from that I have been impressed by the two performances I have seen so far. It'll be interesting to see how we fare against Bangor & Workington & these games should offer a better idea, even this early, of how our season might pan out.
bluethrundthru

14/7/2013, 23:28
Centre half or two??? Me personally wud say 1!!
bluethrundthru

14/7/2013, 23:29
Centre half or two??? Me personally wud say 1!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum