Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Signing: Simon Wearing

+5
wilson07
alasher
sparrows left peg
DollyTillIDie
LFC-LCFC
9 posters
Go down
alasher
alasher

Another Signing: Simon Wearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Signing: Simon Wearing

23/6/2013, 14:04
Do you know, I had forgotten that Wolfie came from over the river, I will have to change my vote, & go for Mark Thornley.

I thought that Mark Shirley made the trip in the opposite direction, being poached while we were managerless

Was never too keen on Gary Dullaghan in a Dolly Blue shirt at all, & never saw him play for the other lot
Conmac End

Another Signing: Simon Wearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Signing: Simon Wearing

23/6/2013, 14:54
I believe Simon's Father-in-Law has only got one song!!! lol.

Big Away Day Kev. COYMDB
wilson07

23/6/2013, 14:58
yeah wolfie has to be the best keeper ive seen in the last 20+ years at the axe....!!
Conmac End

23/6/2013, 15:03
wilson07 wrote:yeah wolfie has to be the best keeper ive seen in the last 20+ years at the axe....!!

Not dis-in Wolfie, but did you not see Martin Fearon!!!!
sparrows left peg

23/6/2013, 16:16
Just about Fearon for me, tho a younger Thornley runs him pretty close.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

23/6/2013, 17:13
Martin Fearon followed closely by Jamie Speare for me on that front.
Brocker

23/6/2013, 17:53
Never totally convinced by Jamie Speare. Brian Newman has to be up there with Wolfie and Fearon-Fearon, but if we are talking about signings from Overlune then Ken Udall has to nudge the likes of Wolfie and Coleman for top spot.
Shrimpsmakemeill

23/6/2013, 21:28
I'm fairly sure Shirley was with us first.

I'd agree with Alasher about Dullaghan; he arrived towards the end of our promotion season (I think) and was a disaster. It was as if they'd sent him across to us to stop us getting promoted.

Coleman made an immediate impact as mentioned. In fact he was our leading scorer the following season, despite playing his final game in December.

In the days of our financial crises of the 1970s, a good number of players left for Crusty when we had asked them to take wage cuts; Taylor, Thomas and Yzendoorn spring to mind.
sparrows left peg

24/6/2013, 04:17
Other notables who won't go down as City legends would be Nick Rogan, Jimmy Kelly and of course Mr Wainwright. But what about Zico-Black, Dodgson and Neil Uberschar. I believe Stuart Diggle started out in their Youth team. Going the other way Peter Thomson played a few games for Overlune and me thinks scored on debut after going round the houses, including Holland.
alasher
alasher

24/6/2013, 19:06
Amazing what/who you forget isn't it? Nick Rogan would be somewhere near the top of any list I made of the better players we signed from them. I thought that he was top quality, having a future rather than a past when we signed him, whereas the reverse would be true of nearly all the others (Wolfie aside that is)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum