Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

players you would like to see at lcfc

+6
sparrows left peg
Shakespeares_Theatre
janb
alasher
wilson07
bluethrundthru
10 posters
Go down
bluethrundthru

players you would like to see at lcfc Empty players you would like to see at lcfc

14/6/2013, 23:23
Any ideas who you would like to see in the mighty blue shirt this season
wilson07

players you would like to see at lcfc Empty Re: players you would like to see at lcfc

15/6/2013, 07:02
paul scholes
alasher
alasher

players you would like to see at lcfc Empty Re: players you would like to see at lcfc

15/6/2013, 08:50
Jordan Connerton, Gary Hunter & Paul Jarvis & a new centre half
bluethrundthru

15/6/2013, 09:29
I think a couple of centre mids with rory droppin back to centre half, and yes conny but how long would he last before he gets his head turned again, is it true that danny mahoney wants to return, I hope so!!
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

15/6/2013, 10:47
Haha, Danny Mahoney the ultimate mercenary, the man of a 1000 clubs.

As for players I'd like to see, I always like to see the next big thing not the previous big thing, so no names. But from last season there are not many (any?) positions that can't be improved on, but midfield in particular is a blank sheet of paper in my opinion.
bluethrundthru

15/6/2013, 10:53
danny mahoney has had a few clubs, but apart from marshy how many players do we have that hasnt, one season at a time!
janb
janb

15/6/2013, 11:12
Oh absolutely footballers have several clubs, I have no issue with that. And 99 times out of 100 I hate people using the word mercenary or criticising players for moving but its just that Danny Mahoney is an extreme example and exception to that rule and rarely spends more than a few months at a club before moving on again. I think the list stands at now, Wigan, Morecambe, Lancaster, Fylde, Chester, Witton, Curzon Ashton, Armadale, Clitheroe, with 4 spells at Bamber Bridge mingled in there.
alasher
alasher

15/6/2013, 11:16
the problem with "the next big thing" is obviously identifying him/them. I for one wouldn't like to see a team of youngsters struggling through a season being bullied out of everything, & think that a team in this division needs a sprinkling (at least) of experience to be successful. Don't want a season of preparing players to do well for other clubs, it could well be a hard enough year to come without knowing that we were simply a shop window

Did Alex Kenyon sign for the prawns?
Shakespeares_Theatre
Shakespeares_Theatre

15/6/2013, 11:58
alasher wrote:the problem with "the next big thing" is obviously identifying him/them. I for one wouldn't like to see a team of youngsters struggling through a season being bullied out of everything, & think that a team in this division needs a sprinkling (at least) of experience to be successful. Don't want a season of preparing players to do well for other clubs, it could well be a hard enough year to come without knowing that we were simply a shop window

Did Alex Kenyon sign for the prawns?

No or at least not yet.  Agents start rumours to hype up their clients and hyke the wages.
janb
janb

15/6/2013, 12:21
alasher wrote:the problem with "the next big thing" is obviously identifying him/them. I for one wouldn't like to see a team of youngsters struggling through a season being bullied out of everything, & think that a team in this division needs a sprinkling (at least) of experience to be successful. Don't want a season of preparing players to do well for other clubs, it could well be a hard enough year to come without knowing that we were simply a shop window

True the challenge is identifying. Thats why its quite handy to have one of the best non-league managers around...but lets not go down that route again. Also the next big thing wasn't meant to imply exclusively youth, it was a counterpoint to these threads which usually feature players that have played for us before or people have heard of (and in both cases are usually on a downward career slope). And quite often the best players for us might be ones you haven't played for us before, and we haven't heard of.

On the youth vs experience thing though briefly, a largely Myerscough team finished 8th and then 6th. Last season we finished 13th with a more typical non-league side.

And the shop window thing drives me nuts. A lot of people give the impression that they think the best thing for us would be if no other clubs were interested in our players. I'll tell you now if nobody is interested in our players that means we're ******* ****! I want us to be the biggest shop window in the world, I want conference and league scouts here every week because then I know we'll be doing something right.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum