Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Is a new manager before the end of the season a priority?

7 - 64%
4 - 36%

Total Votes: 11

Poll closed
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

Poll: New Manager needed before end of season? Empty Poll: New Manager needed before end of season?

14/4/2013, 20:51
Would just like to gauge the general supporter consensus on whether a new manager is needed before the end of the season. Question is, do you think it is a priority I.E. it is the highest priority and not doing so is the absolute worst case scenario to you as a fan?

Yes or no. Vote away.
CarefulWithThatAxe

Poll: New Manager needed before end of season? Empty Re: Poll: New Manager needed before end of season?

14/4/2013, 23:55
Better to take our time and get the right guy than go out in a rush and appoint anyone who'll have us. The rest of this season is irrelevant.
distantmusic

Poll: New Manager needed before end of season? Empty Re: Poll: New Manager needed before end of season?

15/4/2013, 08:32
I guess it comes down to a judgement of how long you need for me and what agendas are running behind the scenes. It's six weeks now of interim management, messages of 'blooding' talented u18s, which has not happened in reality because the ones that have played have virtually all been tried before, and poor results and for my money we are drifting and creating the wrong impression as a club.
Brocker

15/4/2013, 12:07
As I and others have said on the "Rammy" thread, it bothers me that players are being offered terms before a new manager is appointed, which ties his hands, not least by reducing the money available to him. Is he just going to be a figurehead, as I feel that Stringy and Wainy were? and if so, what manager of quality will want the job? I feel that the whole issue isn't quite as straightforward as a "Yes/No" poll would suggest. Maybe as Supporters'Club bottlewasher I may get some answers as to the manager's independence--I will certainly try.
distantmusic

15/4/2013, 13:30
I'm singing off the same songsheet as you Brocker although I don't see the harm of a yes/no poll as a rough idea of what people are thinking. My main concern is just how independant the manager will be, one of my pet hates about football clubs is off the field interference with running the team and the impression I get is that there has been too much of it this season.
Hope you are successful with the info angle for the supporters because the wall of silence mentality still seems to prevail, which is infuriating when the supporters have dug deep into their pockets in the way they have.
gaz1889

15/4/2013, 16:54
CarefulWithThatAxe wrote:Better to take our time and get the right guy than go out in a rush and appoint anyone who'll have us. The rest of this season is irrelevant.
Agree it's not a decision which should be taken in a hurry but I think there's been ample time to appoint the right manager already. We were led to believe there would be someone in position before season's end-an update wouldn't go amiss. I thought the application process had closed on Easter Monday?
Maybe the club have their eye on someone who may become available at the end of the season? If that were the case then I'm not against delaying an appointment until a week or 2 into the close season. However, what I fear is the players returning for pre-season with speculation still on going as to who the manager is going to be & wasting half a season getting a suitable squad in place.
cityuntilidie

15/4/2013, 17:10
Perhaps nobody who applied was suitable and thats why the DOF is still in charge. It could also be about saving money and not appointing anyone until pre season training starts. Perhaps we will know more by next Saturday
sparrows left peg

15/4/2013, 17:38
Blackburn could have got three of four new managers in place in the time it's took us to replace NW/MS
Shrimpsmakemeill

15/4/2013, 19:14
If I remember correctly Tony Hesketh was appointed with just a handful of games left in the season.

For superstitious reasons therefore appoint now and hope that lighning strikes twice and gets us a good manager..... Very Happy
Brocker

16/4/2013, 10:20
Shrimpsmakemeill wrote:If I remember correctly Tony Hesketh was appointed with just a handful of games left in the season.

For superstitious reasons therefore appoint now and hope that lighning strikes twice and gets us a good manager..... Very Happy
I think that's correct, not just once, after Stimmo's departure, but also in 1999 when Alan Tinsley left for the second time.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum