Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DollyTillIDie

Basford (H) WGT Empty Basford (H) WGT

10/12/2021, 09:43
Not me.

Another tough one, they sit in 8th
alasher
alasher

Basford (H) WGT Empty Re: Basford (H) WGT

11/12/2021, 15:59
A bit late,but me neither.
Hoping for a NYD return to the Axe
DollyTillIDie

12/12/2021, 01:03
1-0 win, Cowps. A great result against a team we’ve not had much luck with in the past.

Presumably awful conditions, but a gate of 149 is still atrocious 😂

alasher
alasher

12/12/2021, 12:57
The attendance was bitterly disappointing,but a good result. Anyone who went have any thoughts on the performance?
My workmates & I usually sponsor a game around this time of year in memory of Tunner Marshall (Neil's dad). If we'd been able to do it this year it would not only have been the first time we'd seen us win, but also the first time we'd seen us score. At least we've broken that hoodoo 😁
DollyTillIDie

12/12/2021, 19:46
Old Fan

13/12/2021, 12:20
I thought it was an excellent performance all round. As you know the weather was diabolical with swirling wind and rain. Our players seemed to adapt to it far better than theirs. Perhaps it was the practice we got in similar conditions last week at Warrington?

In the first half it seemed as if we had a policy of protecting the new goalkeeper by passing everything forward and it worked! we were very positive and as far as ii can remember he took two goal kicks, dealt with one back pass and made one save diving at the feet of one of their players. Plus he probably froze to death. What an introduction to senior football.

They were more positive in the second half but we still had the majority of the play. Very competent all round.
DollyTillIDie

13/12/2021, 12:44
Old Fan wrote:I thought it was an excellent performance all round. As you know the weather was diabolical with swirling wind and rain. Our players seemed to adapt to it far better than theirs. Perhaps it was the practice we got in similar conditions last week at Warrington?

In the first half it seemed as if we had a policy of protecting the new goalkeeper by passing everything forward and it worked! we were very positive and as far as ii can remember he took two goal kicks, dealt with one back pass and made one save diving at the feet of one of their players. Plus he probably froze to death. What an introduction to senior football.

They were more positive in the second half but we still had the majority of the play. Very competent all round.

We have had our fair share of not-quite-up-to-it goalkeepers in the past so it’s nice that Dowling, Hogarth and Goddard have all contributed to big results. I wouldn’t expect an institution like Blackburn Rovers to be churning out mugs, but as piles of players have found in the past, jumping to senior football can make the most promising of prospects go crying for their mum.

Felly’s contact book, or possibly his way with words when it comes to persuading clubs to send young talents to us for short periods of time, is something to behold.

alasher likes this post

Tobycarvery

13/12/2021, 13:26
Interesting facts for all who love stats: we have failed to score in all 5 of our home defeats in the league but we have kept a clean sheet in 5 of our 6 wins. Also, we have only kept a clean sheet once in our away games. Not sure what that shows, but it would seem that home games are all tight affairs
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum