Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
briankendrick1

Basford Empty Basford

25/8/2019, 20:40
Did anyone go? Twitter feed was great as usual.... sounded like we were stuffing them in the first half except for not with actual goals?? Crying or Very sad
Tobycarvery

Basford Empty Re: Basford

26/8/2019, 08:55
I wasn't going to post a comment because I was so frustrated after the game, but here goes. If the defeat at Morpeth was an injustice, then we can have no complaints about this one after the second half performance. We should have been two or three up in the first ten minutes but for some heroics from their keeper. They then scored from their first attack and we gave away a silly penalty. We got right back into the game with Carsley's goal just before half time and should have been capable of getting a result, but never really tested their goalie in the second half and were caught out at the back twice in the last ten minutes. We seem to be intent on attacking in numbers while leaving the defence exposed to fast counter attacks. Eight goals conceded in three games is not a good start to the season. I think we need more bite in midfield and I can't understand why Wills doesn't start games. He would've been the first name on the team sheet last season. Need a response today.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum