Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mez

Basford pronounced Baseford . Empty Basford pronounced Baseford .

23/9/2018, 15:44
My thoughts.Arrived in a monsoon!  Basford ? plastic pitch a few Lego stands . But obviously a rich owner in an AFC Fylde stylee. Locals I spoke to decent blokes liked their non league fed up with going to Forest the usual thing cost , beer etc. Usually they get 300 plus when Forest are away. So 160 ( 10 dollies) would have been a big let down for their owner I guess.
First ten minutes all over them and took a deserved lead a well take goal by MB . Stone kept us in it with 3/4 superb saves and we also had chances ht 0.1 . Second half they were better Stone made another great save . On 62 minutes we let a pretty soft goal long diagonal cross should have been cleared by someone bundled in from a yard out . Then the turning point of the game a defensive mix up in their box less than a yard out ball bobbling about post hit somehow didn't go in. Two minutes later another long cross stupid looping header over Stone and its game over. The third well taken run and shot by their sub 3.1 . They are fourth, we are bottom . We should have nicked all 3 points 1 would have been fair . Five hour return trip but it was a new ground and an entertaining even game right up to their third. A message to our management .
Please take the Lancs cup seriously !! We need a cup run and some momentum and a win!! Charnock Richard small club on the up will be up for it.
Tobycarvery

Basford pronounced Baseford . Empty Re: Basford pronounced Baseford .

24/9/2018, 08:31
Can't argue with any of that. Thought we deserved much more from the game. Thought we were much the better side in the first half but probably sat back too much in the second and rather invited them to attack us. Blinkhorn's miss was the turning point as they equalized straight after. I think a draw would have been fair but again defensive lapses cost us. We are undoubtedly improving but results don't reflect that. Need to turn things around quickly if we are to avoid being cut off from the other strugglers.
DollyTillIDie

25/9/2018, 11:08
Phil Brown took the LFA seriously, let’s hope these two do.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum