Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mossley

+3
LFC-LCFC
alasher
DollyTillIDie
7 posters
Go down
DollyTillIDie

Mossley Empty Mossley

19/11/2016, 18:31
For anyone not on Twitter, a suggestion for Tuesday's game.

If everyone in attendance willing to get involved could make their way behind the goal (hopefully we're attacking the Shed End) towards the end of the game for a special version of the "Blue and White Army" dedicated to Marshy, we can give him the deafening Shed End reception we are so well known for.

Hopefully we are attacking the Shed!

Please spare 5 minutes at the end of the game, or even the full 90 minutes, to get involved and create a great atmosphere for a great man.

Thank you, see you Tuesday.
alasher
alasher

Mossley Empty Re: Mossley

19/11/2016, 19:14
Fantastic idea, & one that I think Neil would heartily approve of. I hope that it's possible to create a fitting tribute to El Capitano. I assume that there will be a minute's silence before kick off? How about something on the 5th minute too?
I will not be there in body, but I will in spirit. I intend to call at the ground before work to pay my own respects.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

19/11/2016, 21:07
There'll be a minute's applause before kick off I believe.
themaclad
themaclad

23/11/2016, 07:57
Chaotic game should have won by a country mile understandibly though the events of the last week caught up with the players but three points. Finally a perfect tribute to Marshie would be promotion.
distantmusic

23/11/2016, 08:18
I suspect that the effect on the lads goes back to the Colwyn Bay game, it was no secret that Neil's situation had seriously deteriorated and the squad must have been aware of that. I feel it is full credit to all the players and those directly involved with them that they simply got through the Colwyn Bay, Burscough and Mossley games and a bonus that we only dropped 2 points. These situations test character to the full, the results to some degree become irrelevant, and the response to the emotion and intensity evident last night was excellent, alright we tired at the end mentally and physically but Marshy would have been proud of the team, so from me it's simply a 'well done lad's' and now let's win the title for him - no greater tribute could there be.
sparrows left peg

23/11/2016, 10:00
I got there a bit earlier than I usually would and I could tell when the lads were warming up that was a togetherness and they wanted that for Neil. In the end what could have been about 8-1 turned out to be 4-3 but we got the 3 points for Marshy. Hugely impressed by Waters, its him and Connie up front for me, he could have had about four or five. The evening itself was a fitting tribute to a great man who will be forever remembered. I was near the dugouts for most of the game and the sound from the shed was fantastic....all night.
Likehemlo

11/2/2017, 04:51
I hope so. io9
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum