Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mossley

+3
SC GenSec
sparrows left peg
Tobycarvery
7 posters
Go down
Tobycarvery

Mossley Empty Mossley

29/10/2017, 11:33
I'll start off then. A solid, gritty performance with much better defensive strength. Thought we should have been out of sight by half time, but as in other games we didn't capitalize on our chances and they came at us in the second half. We defended superbly and I take back what I said about Josh Powell, he kept us in the game with several superb saves. MOTM between Josh and Steve Williams IMO, but an excellent team performance. Onwards and upwards.A home draw would be nice.
sparrows left peg

Mossley Empty Re: Mossley

29/10/2017, 11:54
Perhaps with the prize money we could squeeze out a striker because it seems of the four that we have, only Kilifin has the ability to score....and half the time doesn't get picked. Still a win's a win. COYDB
SC GenSec

29/10/2017, 12:39
Agree 100% with TobyCarvery's assessment. We must have had 80% of the possession, but even with the gale force wind (more or less) behind us, we were a bit shot-shy. Hugely industrious and energetic performance, though, from everyone on the pitch, and there must have been some really tired legs at the end of it. The great thing about Josh's performance in goal was that he was called upon on only 4 or 5 occasions in the whole match, and must have been pretty cold standing around in yesterday's attrocious conditions. And well done to Ben Hudson - who had an excellent game - for clearing off the line the only one which Josh couldn't hold.
On the striker subject, here's a thought - once we have Glenn, Josh W. and Ricky back, and if he stays with us long enough, I wouldn't mind seeing Steve Williams in a number 9 shirt - as a terget man for Ryan, Sam B., Carney and Duggers to aim for, we could do far worse.
chelseabilly

29/10/2017, 17:41
Anyone know when they draw takes place for next round. £5 to netbusters if we get a home draw
sparrows left peg

29/10/2017, 18:20
I asked the same question earlier today Billy on FB and was told tomorrow morning or lunchtime. Don't bank on a home draw though as we are known as 'Home To Lancaster City' when its made or in any Cup draw for that matter.
blue dragon
blue dragon

30/10/2017, 14:00
sparrows left peg wrote:I asked the same question earlier today Billy on FB and was told tomorrow morning or lunchtime. Don't bank on a home draw though as we are known as 'Home To Lancaster City' when its made or in any Cup draw for that matter.

Draw was at 1.00 p.m. and just for once we get a HOME fixture against Stratford Town (Evostik Southern Premier League) 11th November
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

30/10/2017, 21:55
SC GenSec wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Steve Williams in a number 9 shirt - as a terget man for Ryan, Sam B., Carney and Duggers to aim for, we could do far worse.  

Funny you should say that...

See you all tomorrow! #UTD
Doctor Jimmy
Doctor Jimmy

31/10/2017, 18:26
SC GenSec wrote:
On the striker subject, here's a thought - once we have Glenn, Josh W. and Ricky back, and if he stays with us long enough, I wouldn't mind seeing Steve Williams in a number 9 shirt - as a terget man for Ryan, Sam B., Carney and Duggers to aim for, we could do far worse.  

Oddly enough I was having the exact same conversation with someone today about that. Strange how great minds think alike eh?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum