Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spennymoor

+10
chelseabilly
Brocker
cityuntilidie
Shrimpsmakemeill
Quality Since 1911
janb
LFC-LCFC
DollyTillIDie
sparrows left peg
alasher
14 posters
Go down
Conmac End

Spennymoor - Page 3 Empty Re: Spennymoor

23/9/2015, 14:26
sparrows left peg wrote:Yeah but it seems we never have any money, even with the fans fund as Chelsea Bill was saying, attendances will continue to drop if we don't entertain people. Nothing against the players involved, but are we just going to loan players now and rely on local lads. Sorry but next season will the tenth season in this league and we don't seem to be getting any nearer. The play-off heartbreak of 2009/10 was the closest we've come...and surprise, surprise TH was the mentor playing some of the most attractive football I've ever seen at the Axe.

Again I agree but what was the difference between the budget in 9/10 and now?
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

23/9/2015, 14:29
I also left yesterday's game early for the first time in my City supporting career. There's just so little hope of us scoring at times and it's draining to watch nothing football for so long.

Don't really have much to add that hasn't already been said in this thread. Apart from the FA Cup there is already no point to this season apart from existing.

Basically, I don't enjoy coming to watch Lancaster City at the moment. Feels more like a duty.
sparrows left peg

23/9/2015, 15:11
Yep, they're u go. There was more than just you. Its just not entertaining.That's my whole point. If ur gonna get beat, fair enough, but have a go. Conmac, I honestly don't know what the budget was back then but we didn't have the Fans Fund. It was sure more exciting than this tho, Even the old Wimbledon hoof it and boot it had a plan.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

23/9/2015, 15:44
Even when TH didn't have his massive budget he still had some very good entertaining sides (Prezzy Cup anyone?)

The two next games (against the 2nd bottom and 3rd bottom) should be wins, no excuses. If we can't score against these two we might as well give up.

chelseabilly

23/9/2015, 16:23
Well at least this thread as got us going.I have got to say I'm not having a go at mark knight who in my opinion as done a marvellous job,the ground and pitch are looking great and the bar and changing room extension have been a big plus,Not sure what the fans fund is contributing to the wage bill this season or what the net busters money went to but is it that we are paying one or two staff to much and there's not enough left for other players
alasher
alasher

23/9/2015, 18:37
We're paying one or two staff too much? Is it those bloody gate men?
chelseabilly

23/9/2015, 19:02
That's another thought alasher,we don't take our £5 wages each home game so besides net busters,gold bond halftime draw and golden goal tickets were making a good contribution.
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

23/9/2015, 19:08
Of course talk of TH reminds me he was vocal in saying how important the Myerscough link was in getting good players in on the cheap, and how you wouldn't be able to compete with local lads...but thats the direction people wanted to go, as after all we'd have that loyalty if nothing else (as seen with Connerton, Kilifin, Bailey...).

On a different topic, poor Gav Clark is a worse option than Hudson at left back, I thought he did well in his little run in midfield but his lack of pace is shown at left back. At one point the other night he tried to support Joe but it took him about 20 minutes to arrive. Personally I'd try Gregory at left back.
Pearce was right wing the other night, I thought he did alright, especially as Hunter was awful by his standards, Winder was in show a little promise/lot of frustration mode again, and Joe was meh.
Obviously we're really short up front. I think Poole has done well this season, but he is the type of guy you play alongside the star striker, not the star striker himself. Carlton is an old man with a dodgy knee. Breslin is just a kid.
Prestondolly

23/9/2015, 20:28
The management need to shake things up a bit, maybe watch reserves now & then & give some of the decent lads there a chance, Plackett & Wardle have been putting in solid performances for 2 seasons but never given a chance.
DollyTillIDie

23/9/2015, 23:43
Prestondolly wrote:The management need to shake things up a bit, maybe watch reserves now & then & give some of the decent lads there a chance, Plackett & Wardle have been putting in solid performances for 2 seasons but never given a chance.

Wardle has gone/is going to Kendal
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum