Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spennymoor

+10
chelseabilly
Brocker
cityuntilidie
Shrimpsmakemeill
Quality Since 1911
janb
LFC-LCFC
DollyTillIDie
sparrows left peg
alasher
14 posters
Go down
cityuntilidie

Spennymoor - Page 2 Empty Re: Spennymoor

23/9/2015, 09:24
I am not having a go at Gavin as he always gives everything for 90 minutes. Surely With Billy out injured he should have gone into midfield. We have Neil, Adam, 2 Jacob's, Shaq, and Ben surely it was better to make the back 4 out of them. We matched them up to half time and if Matty had got a better touch to Gary's quickly taken free kick we would have taken the lead. I think the first goal which was a tremendous shot settled the game. After that we were never in it. Lets hope we can get a result Saturday then hopefully a home tie.
Shrimpsmakemeill

23/9/2015, 09:44
"Lots of positives to draw from even in defeat", Trevor says on Twitter. I wasn't at the game, but previous posts don't seem to suggest too many positives Sad
sparrows left peg

23/9/2015, 10:21
Trevor is always optimistic with his 'Football-isms'. But I was at the game and though Spennymoor are a good side, that second half display was very poor, especially as we went toe-to-toe in the first period. We don't look like scoring
many goals to me, I don't like pointing out individuals but it looks like Taylor is our only hope for goals. Matty Poole, the jury is still out, Danny Carlton, not fit,
Liam Breslin, unfair to judge on his first game but he looked a tad nervous. The most disappointing thing for me was the midfield, Garry Hunter, surprisingly for him had a shocker, don't know where Reece was supposed to be playing but at least Joe Whittington looked lively, in the first half anyway.
Its early days I suppose but the signs, judging by our league position, are not good.
Brocker

23/9/2015, 11:06
Last night seemed to indicate that, after close on a decade in a lowly division, we are no longer able to compete with the best teams in that division. Yes, Moors are a good side, but we should not be in a position where we expect to lose to such sides. Comparisons are odious, and situations change, but until around four years ago we began each season expecting to be near the top: indeed, in DP's first season we missed a play off place on goal difference. Now we seem resigned to mid table mediocrity at best. That is simply not good enough for Lancaster City. I know that the financial situation is difficult, but are we so much worse off than the Clitheroes of this world? I thought of saying "What has happened since we outclassed Witton?", but the absence of Tayls and Billy helps explain that. I agree with everyone else that it is difficult to see where goals are to come from. Don't wish to be negative, but I didn't see the positives which Trev spotted last night.
Quality Since 1911

23/9/2015, 11:29
I think I can see the positives and here they are -
(1) we don't score many !
(2) we play 1 up front !
(3) our 'system' does not work !
(4) we are positively going backwards !
Sorry for being negative but this is how I see it ! If we loose in the FA Cup (dam well hope we don't) but should we, what's left of our season already ?? people walking out with 20 minuets to go tells it's own story ! Sad
chelseabilly

23/9/2015, 11:49
For the first time in watching city for 50 years I left the match early,I know people will say you must support the team but what I have seen in the first part of the season is hard to take.We have gone from a top 6 team to a team that will be looking over our shoulders and hoping to stay in this league.What is happening to the fans fund money? Was that not for the connertons baileys and other better paid players.look at the players we have lost in the last 2/3 seasons we are becoming a laughing stock,crowds are dropping and if we lose on Saturday its season over.i know I am biased but we need to get Tony Hesketh back at this club as quick as possible his knowledge of this league and the players available is second to non,If that means the current manager and assistant have to go then so be it,
Conmac End

23/9/2015, 12:10
chelseabilly wrote:For the first time in watching city for 50 years I left the match early,I know people will say you must support the team but what I have seen in the first part of the season is hard to take.We have gone from a top 6 team to a team that will be looking over our shoulders and hoping to stay in this league.What is happening to the fans fund money? Was that not for the connertons baileys and other better paid players.look at the players we have lost in the last 2/3 seasons we are becoming a laughing stock,crowds are dropping and if we lose on Saturday its season over.i know I am biased but we need to get Tony Hesketh back at this club as quick as possible his knowledge of this league and the players available is second to non,If that means the current manager and assistant have to go then so be it,

I'm a big fan of TH but it's been said that he had a budget of £1600 at one point.
sparrows left peg

23/9/2015, 13:21
Its not about the budget with TH, its the respect he earns in Non League football and the knowledge of players he can call upon who would jump at the chance of playing for him. I can almost guarantee Connerton would be back here if Hesketh was in Charge. Maybe Carney and a few others too. I don't like to see anyone lose their jobs but at the moment, everyone ive spoken to isn't enjoying the football being played at the Giant Axe. Ive never seen Chelsea Bill walk away before but even he'd had enough. It's sickening to see all our better players up at Kendal. They are starting to call us us Fyldes feeder club now.
Conmac End

23/9/2015, 13:52
sparrows left peg wrote:Its not about the budget with TH, its the respect he earns in Non League football and the knowledge of players he can call upon who would jump at the chance of playing for him. I can almost guarantee Connerton would be back here if Hesketh was in Charge. Maybe Carney and a few others too. I don't like to see anyone lose their jobs but at the moment, everyone ive spoken to isn't enjoying the football being played at the Giant Axe. Ive never seen Chelsea Bill walk away before but even he'd had enough. It's sickening to see all our better players up at Kendal. They are starting to call us us Fyldes feeder club now.

I agree but we do have a lot less money than a few years ago, due to losing sponsors maybe?!
sparrows left peg

23/9/2015, 14:04
Yeah but it seems we never have any money, even with the fans fund as Chelsea Bill was saying, attendances will continue to drop if we don't entertain people. Nothing against the players involved, but are we just going to loan players now and rely on local lads. Sorry but next season will the tenth season in this league and we don't seem to be getting any nearer. The play-off heartbreak of 2009/10 was the closest we've come...and surprise, surprise TH was the mentor playing some of the most attractive football I've ever seen at the Axe.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum