Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City 3 wire 1

+9
alasher
CarefulWithThatAxe
Tobycarvery
wilson07
janb
sparrows left peg
Shrimpsmakemeill
Brocker
Conmac End
13 posters
Go down
Conmac End

City 3 wire 1 Empty City 3 wire 1

14/12/2013, 17:54
So, they came top of the league and plenty £££ and lost 3-1!!

Thanks for the 6 points, on to the xmas Do!!

DPBWA
Brocker

City 3 wire 1 Empty Re: City 3 wire 1

14/12/2013, 19:42
Best performance I've seen this season. I feared the worst when we were level at half time, but second half the lads played some scintillating football in awful conditions, and didn't allow Wire to settle. Great lay-off by Jacko and clinical finish from Connie for the second: top work by Billy and Simon Wearing to enable Jacko to finish it with a power header. One top drawer save from Mike Hale, and first class defending after being caught on the break for Wire's opener. Class all round, but I thought Steely and Garry were outstanding, and Scholesy MoM for me. They deserve to enjoy themselves tonight. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Shrimpsmakemeill

14/12/2013, 20:05
I take it Wills scored our first? If that's the case, it's the second week running the Evo-Stik league has given his goal to Hunter!
sparrows left peg

14/12/2013, 20:34
I thought it was Wills but vision was obstructed, them Mr P A gave it to Hunter.
Mind you he said it was Wills being subbed when it was Connie. Aaron gave it Wills but Evo gave it to Hunter - confused ?
The game itself, I thought we were excellent throughout. The first-half we
overran them and limited them to one chance - the goal.
The second was even better and and up there with the best of the season.
To single anyone out would seem unfair but I thought Jacko was superb up front and ran his socks off and deserved his goal. Winning these sort of games can only give us more confidence, so onwards and upwards. DPBWA
Brocker

14/12/2013, 20:40
It was definitely Wills: the PA man is, sad to say, not up to the mark with our players. If it wasn't Wills, then a whole lot of people, including the choir, who chanted his name, were suffering from an optical illusion. (Maybe they have mixed up Wills' and Hunter's numbers on the team sheet?)
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

14/12/2013, 22:24
Definitely Wills.

Not seen a teamsheet but Aaron's twitter list had Hunter as 6, and Wills 8. Now unless my eyes were deceiving me the players emerged however with Wills wearing 6, and Hunter 8 which led to confusion amongst PA man (as per usual) and Warrington tweeter (understandable). Come the 2nd half somebody had noticed, and Hunter was wearing 6, and Wills 8.
wilson07

15/12/2013, 08:26
DPBWA...................def going up this season...WELL DONE BOYS KEEP IT GOING!!!!!!!!!!!
Tobycarvery

15/12/2013, 09:35
Excellent result and performance. Best I've seen this season. Dominated the first half but allowed Wire to score first from their only attack of the half. I too was a little apprehensive at the start of the second half with the scores level and Wire with the wind at their backs but in all honesty they never threatened, even when we dropped Jacko back into midfield and seemed to sit back on our lead, just as we did last week. However, defensively we were superb, and broke away to kill the game off at the end. No team has scored more than one league goal at the Axe this season and Warrington certainly didn't look like they were going to change that. If they are the best in this league then we have a real chance of promotion this time around, provided we string a good run together like at the start of the season. Wills MOTM for me.
CarefulWithThatAxe

15/12/2013, 09:54
That's the most optimistic I have felt after a match since 09-10. An excellent team performance, especially given the strong wind, which Wire couldn't cope with at all. Wills, Steel, Elderton and Jackson all had great games, and everybody had a good one. If we can now keep a settled first-team squad we can beat anybody in this league.
alasher
alasher

15/12/2013, 10:09
Its worth remembering that the wind had a massive effect on this game. We adapted to it far better than they did,as they hit the ball in the air into the wind in the first half,having it blow back in their faces,or at best out for a throw in, & in the second they still hit it in the air, allowing the ball to run right through to Mike Hale or our for a goal kick. We did fall into the same trap for a while in the second half,putting ourselves under pressure for a period,but in general we kept control of the ball far better than they did & as a result dominated the game.
Having said that, we did play very well. As everyone else has said, the whole team put in an excellent shift & on this performance things look very good for the rest of the season. I think the point that Darren has made re training twice a week now that we don't have any midweek games is very relevant, & hopefully as a club we will reap the benefits of having this & we will be able to reproduce the level of performance that we had in pre & early season. Also I hope that Connie isnt yet 100% fit, because he already looks outstanding!! Simon Wills MOTM for me
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum