Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City 2 Salford 1

+8
cityuntilidie
LFC-LCFC
TheRealDelly
alasher
janb
CarefulWithThatAxe
gaz1889
Shrimpsmakemeill
12 posters
Go down
CarefulWithThatAxe

City 2 Salford 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: City 2 Salford 1

13/10/2013, 16:55
Mahoney seemed fine warming up with the other subs so maybe he's learnt his lesson. I certainly wouldn't want to lose him. When it comes to the crunch matches against the best teams in the division I think we will need him - Akrigg looks OK but he is short of experience compared with Danny.

As for Wills - I just wish he could pass. Or had better ball control. He hasn't improved over the last couple of years unfortunately, although he always gives his all and is a good tackler.

Hudson also gives his all, but he still looks naive at times - I think however that he will improve and become a good defender at this level, or maybe a level higher, in time.
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

13/10/2013, 17:12
cityuntilidie wrote:Simon Wills has started every game since Burscough. Although not the best right back at the club certainly good enough for Right hand side or centre midfield.
The moment yesterday when he passed the ball out of play when under no pressure summed him up. He's very English. He runs, he tries hard, he's a good utility fill in for a club like us but he can't play football to any decent standard (passing, control etc).

cityuntilidie wrote:
Ben Hudson never let us down and he does clear it a fair distance and well out of danger.
Hudson has some good ingredients and potential, but still plenty of flaws to iron out as well. Its not necessarily solely down to him, I think Marshy is still a better left back than centre half and thus plays better when he has someone like Steel alongside rather having to be senior centre half himself.

cityuntilidie wrote:
It is a squad game and I am sure Darren picks his starting eleven which is best to win each game.
Of course, a notional best XI may exist but there is always going to be "natural rotation" with injuries/suspensions and variations based on form/opposition.
DollyTillIDie

13/10/2013, 20:17
janb wrote:
cityuntilidie wrote:Simon Wills has started every game since Burscough. Although not the best right back at the club certainly good enough for Right hand side or centre midfield.
The moment yesterday when he passed the ball out of play when under no pressure summed him up. He's very English. He runs, he tries hard, he's a good utility fill in for a club like us but he can't play football to any decent standard (passing, control etc).

cityuntilidie wrote:
Ben Hudson never let us down and he does clear it a fair distance and well out of danger.
Hudson has some good ingredients and potential, but still plenty of flaws to iron out as well. Its not necessarily solely down to him, I think Marshy is still a better left back than centre half and thus plays better when he has someone like Steel alongside rather having to be senior centre half himself.

cityuntilidie wrote:
It is a squad game and I am sure Darren picks his starting eleven which is best to win each game.
Of course, a notional best XI may exist but there is always going to be "natural rotation" with injuries/suspensions and variations based on form/opposition.
When can we expect a proper compliment about the lad?
janb
janb

13/10/2013, 20:37
DollyTillIDie wrote:
He always give 100%. There's a compliment. He plays for the team. There's a compliment. He is usually disciplined and positionally sound. There's a compliment.

I will compliment his technical ability if/when it merits it.

I will always hope Simon Wills does well in City shirt. However I don't do blind loyalty, consequently I'm a pretty good judge of a player.
DollyTillIDie

13/10/2013, 23:18
janb wrote:
DollyTillIDie wrote:
He always give 100%. There's a compliment. He plays for the team. There's a compliment. He is usually disciplined and positionally sound. There's a compliment.

I will compliment his technical ability if/when it merits it.

I will always hope Simon Wills does well in City shirt. However I don't do blind loyalty, consequently I'm a pretty good judge of a player.  
Would all those not apply to the whole squad?

AJ

14/10/2013, 07:38
A non league footballer with flaws to his game? Noooo. Really?

He has been the most consistent performer in the squad in my opinion. Not as influential or important as Steel, Hunter or Jackson but still as vital and finally more effective with decent ball players alongside him.
TheRealDelly
TheRealDelly

14/10/2013, 14:02
He's not tall enough either. Needs to snap out of that pronto. So annoying.....
TheRealDelly
TheRealDelly

14/10/2013, 14:04
....anyway, we need to start preparing for Rochdale Town (knee Castleton Gabriels) now.Cool

Third to bottom in the NWCFL 'Second' Division, they beat Daisy Hill 2-0 on Friday.

Toughie.

The lowdown -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochdale_Town_F.C.
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/rochdaletownfc01/96644/Home
janb
janb

14/10/2013, 18:41
DollyTillIDie wrote:
Would all those not apply to the whole squad?
Possibly to this one, but not every player is wholehearted in their commitment in general (see New Mills midfield).
janb
janb

14/10/2013, 18:53
AJ wrote:A non league footballer with flaws to his game? Noooo. Really?
No one is expecting amazing things, but for someone who is ostensibly a midfielder I would expect even slightly better passing, first touch and decision making on the ball. And as someone else pointed out it would be nice to see some improvement in the graph as well, 2-3 years in.

AJ wrote:
He has been the most consistent performer in the squad in my opinion. Not as influential or important as Steel, Hunter or Jackson but still as vital and finally more effective with decent ball players alongside him.
We often seem to watch different games Aaron.

Look I don't want it to seem I'm totally anti Simon Wills, I think he does a perfectly fine job as a stand in right back, as a stand in midfielder. He does a good job for the squad. But he could improve a lot and then I would absolutely love him.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum