Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
South of the river

Crucial three points Empty Crucial three points

26/1/2019, 17:35
My view is that this was quite a decent match considering the conditions. City had more chances to score but had less possession than a Witton team who tried to knock it about. There was a period in the second half when City couldn't keep hold of the ball as it was cleared and it kept coming back. However, the opposition's pressure led to little real danger apart from the chance which was poked against the post. The Dollies fully deserved the three points which were gained through local debutant Paul Dawson's late effort. Would have liked to have seen Ryan Winder on from the start. In summary, this was a collectively industrious performance from a gritty Lancaster side.
South of the river

Crucial three points Empty Re: Crucial three points

26/1/2019, 17:52
Mark Fell, on Twitter however, states that City dominated the second half. I didn't see it like that; 'domintated' is too strong a word.
BigDD

26/1/2019, 22:05
Definitely created more chances than Witton 2nd half. Perhaps not more possession but kept them on the back foot for large periods.

I thought it was a decent game in dreadful conditions so kudos to both sets of players who did try and get it down to play.

Goal was a scrappy toe end by the new Dolly poster boy, but right now it doesn’t matter how they go in - it’s 3 monsterous points.
alasher
alasher

27/1/2019, 20:43
Three crucial points indeed! Also well deserved. I take my hat off to all the players, as well as match officials for producing such an entertaining spectacel in such awful conditions.
Have to say that I thought that we were the dominant side in the second half, but that half time I anticipated that we would get beaten, as I thought that overall Witton were the better side in the first,missing a good couple of chances & having one chalked off for offside. Having said that, Sims made a couple of good saves in the second half. We did though have the better chances, their keeper made a good save just before halftime from a Dawson header, and a couple more in the second from Carsley & one from Kilifin, plus Carsley probably should've scored with a header from a Wilson freekick that he put just wide. Although we were in the ascedancy after recent dissapoinmtments, I had a fear that we would end the afternoon on the wrond end of a 1-0 scoreline. Happily Dawson's 90th minute winner after a scamble following a corner proved me wrong!
Happily this means that we have moved out of the bottom three, although our position remains tenuous with important games coming up, not least next Saturday at Stafford, who sit only one place & two points below us, with a game in hand

Enjoy the highlights at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeWbKtCB7wE
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum