Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mez

Stourbridge , Buxton  Empty Stourbridge , Buxton

25/4/2018, 11:12
Two very different games , Stourbridge it felt like a end of season game which with both teams looking sluggish , then with 15 to go we suddenly woke up and should have won. Buxton were a country mile ahead of of Barwell , Stourbridge and City . Should have been out of sight by half time  we were second best all game . A good strike gave us a point . Overall maybe 3 points would have been a good return . Another grim crowd on Tuesday . We need to think about this now for next season . The club is moving forward but overall we haven't managed to draw more people . With four (?) going down next year its going to be harder. I know its been done to death but we really need a 25 a season man up front .Also  have any loan players added anything to what we have already I,m not sure and would welcome opinions on this from people who have seen more games than me.  Overall its been a good if a bit baffling season on and off the pitch. Well done to everyone involved though its a hard job for little or no return.
cityuntilidie

Stourbridge , Buxton  Empty Re: Stourbridge , Buxton

26/4/2018, 19:30
Lancaster Guardian came today and no reports on either game yet reports on Morecambe games. Can somebody at the club please give a reason why no reports and will they be in next weeks Guardian.
chelseabilly

26/4/2018, 20:00
No one there to do a match report, We May have to get used to this, rumour as it we will be losing a very loyal and hard working volunteer, I am guessing he’s totally piss d off with all the threats and bad mouthing he as received . This is hundreds of hours given by this young man that we can not afford to lose but I fully understand why.
alasher
alasher

26/4/2018, 21:50
Lots of people are keen on saying what should be done or slagging off people that are trying to do something but as ever not too many are keen actually doing anything

To expand on this, as Billy alluded to, it would appear that after 18 months of bad mouthing & abuse that Jonny has decided to pack it in. Tbh I really don't blame him. I know for a fact that he put many hours of unpaid work into the club in various roles. We will miss the work he was doing immensely. It seemed to me that for some reason he was being blamed for things he hadn't done, or been involved in. On a very basic level, this means one less person doing their best to improve the club. On a more personal level it means that a Lancaster City fan has been bullied to the point where they no longer want to be involved with the club in any capacity
alasher
alasher

27/4/2018, 10:31
Returning to the question posed by Mez, I don't think that on the whole the loan players have improved anything, they have simply kept squad players out of the team. Results & performances can't be said to have improved I think. I wonder how many players have been put off to the point where they will leave over the summer?
cityuntilidie

27/4/2018, 17:28
Lancaster Guardian have no reporters to do match reports. Does this mean there will be no more match reports . Cannot believe that people would bad mouth and give abuse to Jonny. I take it this is why no updates on Twitter. It is suppose to be a paper for Lancaster and all we will now get is Morecambe reports.
chelseabilly

28/4/2018, 21:56
Did not want to mention anyone’s name, but yes it looks like Johnny as decided to call it a day, this young man as taken so much abuse, Grass knobhead and so many other name calling, threats to someone who as put hundreds of hours into our club, anyone who thinks Johnny is easily replaced please come forward and offer your help, It’s only 12 months since we all rejoiced together watching our club winning the league. I personally used to be at the ground 7 days a week for many hours and spent many happy hours with John , I would personally like to thank him for all the time and effort he as put into our club and hope he can still manage to come to the giant axe and enjoy the day without any problems.
themaclad
themaclad

29/4/2018, 20:06
Well said Bill
mez

2/5/2018, 10:53
If you volunteer for something you shouldn't take stick for trying to help. It also depends what your role is I guess . For the twitter feed I think it should be simply 4 updates per match and goal action , upcoming matches etc . Personal opinions is what this board is for . Or that's how I see it.
But the Lancaster Guardian MUST be duty bound to give match reports home and away its the town team ffs! Long away games may be hard and expensive for them , but home games ! that's unacceptable and the club should speak to the paper and set up a dialogue as to how to move forward .
new season new ideas , now's the time I guess .
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum