Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tobycarvery

Stourbridge Empty Stourbridge

24/9/2017, 12:34
This game seems to have slipped under the radar on the forum, so I'll put in my two pennyworth. A good, solid defensive display and could have nicked the three points at the end.We came under intense pressure for the first half hour but grew into the game and improved as the game wore on. Second half we defended in depth and gave them few opportunities. We looked more dangerous when we broke but didn't really create anything until the very end when Scott Harries' shot rebounded off Ollie Wood and into the keeper's arms. Still, a good point well earned against a good side bodes well for the challenges ahead.
alasher
alasher

Stourbridge Empty Re: Stourbridge

24/9/2017, 13:20
Seems like an excellent point to me. I wasn't there so can't make any comment but nevertheless I would've been happy with a point before kick off. Many supporting the Dolly Blues make the trip?
acasualview

24/9/2017, 13:28
Thanks for the review Tobycarvery, I wasn't there either but I agree with Alasher, a point is always welcome when against strong opposition and a clean sheet too. I followed this on twitter and it was agony waiting for an update but then barely wanting to read it in case it was bad news.
Hope Gav is okay for Tuesday.
Tobycarvery

26/9/2017, 08:24
Having seen the way Gav limped off at the end of the game,I'd be astonished if he played tonight. We're probably down to just two fit central defenders at the moment.
Dollyblade

26/9/2017, 15:47
I was there too. The Twitter feed, and above, summed the game up. The ball should really have gone in at the end, but a fair result.

Approx 25 there supporting City I would say. Probably the friendliest club I've ever been to. I suppose a Community Day being on helped with the atmosphere, but the whole town (well, in the pubs) was really welcoming. I think if they're doing well then they will bring a few to the Axe later in the season.

If I get time, I'll post the cheapest/best way to get to Shaw Lane on public transport later as after Stocksbridge last year, it's as near as Lancaster will be getting to my house for a long time.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum