Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DollyTillIDie

Gavin Clark and the subsequent fallout Empty Gavin Clark and the subsequent fallout

2/2/2018, 21:33
I'm selfish and decided to promote this on a new topic in order to maintain an illusion of added importance.

These are my views on Gavin Clark's release and the wider discussions that have taken place because of it, mainly on social media.

https://lancastercityfanspage.wordpress.com
sparrows left peg

Gavin Clark and the subsequent fallout Empty Re: Gavin Clark and the subsequent fallout

3/2/2018, 12:44
Excellent piece, totally in agreement about Charlie Bailey. I've been spouting his inclusion all season, so much so I've bored myself. Should be starting to build a side around this boy.
alasher
alasher

Gavin Clark and the subsequent fallout Empty Re: Gavin Clark and the subsequent fallout

3/2/2018, 12:50
I'm a bit worried that we only started the Glossop game with 9 men apparently
DollyTillIDie

3/2/2018, 13:50
I'm worried that I didn't notice that editing flaw
Jeff

4/2/2018, 07:58
Great article and definite food for thought. On a similarish topic I've sometimes wondered whether we shouldn't be tapping more into the footballing talent at the university? Back in the dim and distant past when I was studying there the university teams and the best college sides had students who were also on the books of clubs such as Kidderminster and Gloucester City so I would hazard a guess there will still be some students good enough to fit in at this level? Are there some dual registration issues which would mean they can't play for both a university team and a club in the pyramid? Or is it more around them being able to commit to training and matchdays in addition to studying and general student life?
sparrows left peg

4/2/2018, 12:43
Wouldn't be the first time we've sought talent from the Uni, Barry Whitbread and Andy Graham were arguably the pick of the bunch but there have been others.
distantmusic

16/2/2018, 17:54
Excellent assessment most of which I am in total agreement with but I don't find the Gav Clark situation sitting comfortably with me. Under another posting it was mentioned that PB should have found some way of reconciling the matter especially given our problems with central defenders and I feel that is right - if you assess the relative ages of our central defenders you find the main 3 are 30 are older - these being Ricky Mercer (34)born 11/83, Glen Steele (34) born 3/83 and Steve Williams (30) born 4/87. It seems to be accepted that Gav had proved his ability at this level so that isn't in question it simply appears to be the problem regarding regular football, which I accept the manager cannot guarantee, however when you have a player of 25 (born 3/92) who is, one would expect, just coming to maturity as a central defender and looks the part surely you move hell and high water to keep him and build your defence round him - especially if you consider him Captaincy material which Brown must have done if, as I understand he did, he gave him the armband at Stourbridge. I'm afraid I don't think it was as simple as demanding a regular start, from my experience of watching PB from the touchline, and looking at the omissions in some of his starting line ups, notably Connerton at Droylsden last season, he gives the impression that he can be stubborn to the point of clouding his judgement and, in my view, as a manager you have to find a way round that and look at the bigger picture even if at times it goes against the grain.
Shrimpsmakemeill

16/2/2018, 18:30
And of course another younger centre back, Westwood,  has been allowed to drift away.
cityuntilidie

17/2/2018, 20:37
Distant Music an excellent post regarding Gavin
Doctor Jimmy
Doctor Jimmy

20/2/2018, 05:51
I refer the right honourable members to the above post. Nailed it Distantmusic, I couldn't agree more with what you say and as such have been saying something similar for much of the season.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum