Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team selection for Whitby

+2
sparrows left peg
South of the river
6 posters
Go down
South of the river

Team selection for Whitby Empty Team selection for Whitby

6/1/2018, 17:42
Hopefully, everybody was reasonably happy with both the formation and the eleven selected for today's trip to Whitby Scampi.
sparrows left peg

Team selection for Whitby Empty Re: Team selection for Whitby

6/1/2018, 17:56
I presume he still played with one up front but this time it being the new lad Djabi, who scored. Anywhoose it worked, so why we can all celebrate a great win, one wonders how bad Whitby were. Yet they beat Workington away the same day we were getting battered at Stalybridge. Strange game this football malarkey.
Tobycarvery

6/1/2018, 19:31
Listening to the commentary from Whitby radio, it would seem that they were pretty inept defensively, but five goals and a clean sheet away from home is not to be sniffed at. Doubt we'll come across many sides as poor in the rest of the season though.
Doctor Jimmy
Doctor Jimmy

7/1/2018, 10:05
To be fair they weren't that great at our place but after the Hednesford and Stalybridge defeats, coupled with their win at Workington and our injury list, I wasn't expecting a great deal from the game. Credit to all the lads who played. Great to see both Baileys on the scoresheet as well as Jarvo and the new fella. Powell back in goal as well I see. Does this mean that Cheetham was dropped, rested or injured?
alasher
alasher

7/1/2018, 11:08
We've just had a great 5 0 away win. We've got a striker (admittedly on loan) & we've broken a run of poor results. Lets be a bit positive eh? #COYDB
sparrows left peg

7/1/2018, 11:44
Is it just a months loan or for the rest of the season ?
South of the river

7/1/2018, 13:49
alasher wrote:We've just had a great 5 0 away win. We've got a striker (admittedly on loan) & we've broken a run of poor results. Lets be a bit  positive eh? #COYDB

It would appear that the play-off light can still be seen.
alasher
alasher

7/1/2018, 15:46
South of the river wrote:
alasher wrote:We've just had a great 5 0 away win. We've got a striker (admittedly on loan) & we've broken a run of poor results. Lets be a bit  positive eh? #COYDB

It would appear that the play-off light can still be seen.

No chance IMHO but surely we shouldn't still be unhappy after yesterday's result?
Doctor Jimmy
Doctor Jimmy

7/1/2018, 16:13
I don't think anyone is unhappy. That we won away from home after two defeats and with a squad that is somewhat diminished due to injury/illness etc may be a bit surprising but it goes to show that we are more than capable of getting results anywhere. It's a bit of an odd league though because results have shown that on their day anyone can beat anyone, apart from Sutton Coldfield.
sparrows left peg

7/1/2018, 17:51
I think a word not used by anyone yet sums us up yesterday is character. To come back from the second half mauling at Stalybridge and produce a 5 goal reverse shows true grit and determination. Though we scored five goals, I was more than impressed in how we managed to keep a clean sheet with what was in effect a makeshift backline. Josh Powell didn't have a lot to do, I believe, but i'm sure the defence feels more confident knowing he is behind them. I do.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum