Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stockport County

+8
pressytheprinter
janb
alasher
Tobycarvery
sparrows left peg
South of the river
DollyTillIDie
LFC-LCFC
12 posters
Go down
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

Stockport County Empty Stockport County

10/12/2017, 12:08
Hopefully we get lucky with the weather and we can get this game on. Possibly the biggest game we've had at Giant Axe for many years.

I would imagine we'll get between 4-500 down for the game, and hopefully the fact we've had a weekend off will pay off in our favour with slightly fresher legs.

#COYDB Very Happy
DollyTillIDie

Stockport County Empty Re: Stockport County

10/12/2017, 12:34
I'll be down Saturday morning shovelling if I have to be!
South of the river

15/12/2017, 18:02
LFC-LCFC wrote:Hopefully we get lucky with the weather and we can get this game on. Possibly the biggest game we've had at Giant Axe for many years.

I would imagine we'll get between 4-500 down for the game, and hopefully the fact we've had a weekend off will pay off in our favour with slightly fresher legs.

#COYDB Very Happy

Hopefully your crowd prediction is a touch conservative. I would hope that Stockport's away following will be more than 2-300: it's only 70 miles, it's a Saturday, they still have a solid following, it's a new ground for them and it's a whole new set of different pubs to visit. Ideally the gate will be 700 plus or am I being too optimistic?
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

16/12/2017, 19:28
We were miles off weren't we let's be honest. Good effort in the second half but the first 45 minutes were a disaster.

That was more like City under the TH era where we'd always crumble on the big stage. Badly out of form at the moment.
sparrows left peg

16/12/2017, 20:24
Men against boys in the first half, second period we upped it a bit but anything other than a win for them would have been unjust. It would have been interesting though if Williams had have taken that one on one to equalise. Hit a massive bobble from where I stood, was it the same bobble that produced an air shot from Josh Powell ? Williams up front is fair enough but i'd go with A.N.Other up there with him. Yep we are struggling at the moment and look light on the ground when Rob Henry makes the bench. {nothing against Rob}. We'll just have to beat Chorley in the Lancashire Trophy and looking at their result today, anything's possible.
Tobycarvery

16/12/2017, 20:32
Agree we were second best today. First half very poor, second half better but I never felt we could get back in the game, even after the penalty. Not sure what the penalty was for but then only the ref can answer that. We definitely need more options up front. Williams tried his best without any support.
alasher
alasher

16/12/2017, 21:05
Pen was for a shirt-pull & looked a fair enough decision from behind the goal. Have to agree with previous posters in that the best team (by a street) won. Don't agree that playing Steve Williams up front, on his own, for 90 minutes was a good idea though, and this was exacerbated by the fact that we didn't give him a single decent cross into the box to try & win. I can see that their central defenders were big & strong, & that they would've had Hannu in their pocket, possibly Killer too, but was it realistic to expect Willow to hold the ball up & bring the midfield into the game? Surely that's a last 10 minutes option?
Positives.....we looked MUCH better when Winder came on, we made a game of it in the second half (without really looking like scoring), the atmosphere in the 2nd half.
Negatives....we never really looked like scoring, most of the first half performance, we need a striker that the manager trusts
DollyTillIDie

17/12/2017, 11:07
That was a massive anti climax.

Can understand starting Williams on his own. But not for 80 minutes, when their centre halves were clearly playing with a cigar on.

It was crying out for Hannu Tam, I just don't understand why he didn't put him on earlier and get them turning.

Winder on the bench. Ryan Winder, Lancaster City's best player, on the bench. Answers on a postcard.

Also answers on a postcard to what "answers on a postcard" actually means. I'll google it and see how close you are, South Of The River and JanB
alasher
alasher

17/12/2017, 11:36
Does it mean a brief answer is required?
If that's correct then you'll never answer the Winder question. Out POTS so far in my opinion. Why doesn't he start every game? I guess only PB can answer that one
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

17/12/2017, 12:40
DollyTillIDie wrote:
Also answers on a postcard to what "answers on a postcard" actually means. I'll google it and see how close you are, South Of The River and JanB

Well being a youngster you won't remember the days when those holding competitions invited answers on a postcard.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum