Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
TheRealDelly
TheRealDelly

City 1-2 Matlock Town Empty City 1-2 Matlock Town

3/12/2017, 01:19
It's been coming. Performances, particularly of late, have been a bit piecemeal and scrappy, lacking the cohesion and composure of upto a few weeks ago. Disappointing to lose the Axe unbeaten tag.
It's important that Darwen feel the backlash on Wednesday.
Doctor Jimmy
Doctor Jimmy

City 1-2 Matlock Town Empty Re: City 1-2 Matlock Town

3/12/2017, 09:15
Yeah, dissppointing today I thought. Despite the changes made with Sam and Charlie coming in for Billy and Scott we just never really got going. I felt however that we look the better side for the first 20-25 minutes, getting the ball down, looking to play, and creating one or two chances that we perhaps should've done better with. It was only after they'd scored, against the run of play, that we reverted to type, putting in high balls that their two centre halves dealt with with competitive ease. It was only after going two down that we looked to get the ball down again, and that's when we started to cause the opposition problems. Tom got his goal and at one stage it looked like we might snatch a draw, however much undeserved.  Having said that Matlock's time wasting antics again went unpunished by poor officiating, not that I'm blaming the officials for the defeat. In fact yesterday was the first time this season that I'd seen Phil lose his patience with the officials soft approach. Too many players, and I'll not mention who,  had off days in my opinion which is disappointing as a win would have moved us up to eighth with games in hand. Tom I feel has to start at least the next couple of games as he scored in the last two after coming off the bench so therefore he must be due a run in the team. Charlie Bailey I thought started well and deserves his chance while Steve Williams was again probably our best player. One option is, when Gav ad Glen return, moving Steve upfront as he will cause any team problems. Anyway time to regroup for the Darwen game in a competition that we have a chance of actually winning and then on Saturday the trip to Stafford to play a team who don't seem to be doing too well at the minute. Hopefully two good performances, and results will put us in good stead for the Stockport County game. COYDB.

Last edited by Doctor Jimmy on 3/12/2017, 13:45; edited 3 times in total
leftleg

3/12/2017, 10:34
For most of the game they wanted it more than we did and too many of our players had off days. Our passing was woeful at times and just hoofing the ball up towards poor Tam meant it just came straight back. Killer has to start and as one of those who called for Sam to start I'll hold my hand up and say that Ryan isn't the same player when he's on the left and so has to play on the right where he can fizz the ball in. Williams looked different class and certainly caused them problems when he went up front. Hopefully this has got a bad game out of our system.
alasher
alasher

3/12/2017, 20:13
Thought we were pretty poor tbh. Different view from on high in the sponsors' box, was very disapointed tbh. Hard to pick MOTM as so many were poor but thought choice of Williams was just about right. All that said we should've had a point with the chances we created. Thought Charlie Bailey did ok but noone offered him anything going forward. Not good thst my POTS so far was marginalised by playing on the opposite wing where he was unable to influence the game.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum