Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Doctor Jimmy
Doctor Jimmy

Whitby Town (H) Empty Whitby Town (H)

20/9/2017, 17:45
Again, as with Saturday, I couldn't fault last night's performance. Excellent from start to finish and could've been out of sight by half time had we shown a little more composure in the final third. We only ever looked under pressure for about 15 minutes in the second half after Gav had his effort ruled out and Whitby threw everything at us, pulling one back and then threatening to equalise. Phil's substitutions worked wonders though with both Hannu and Sam looking good when they came on and each getting on the scoresheet. In the end it could've been five or six and it wouldn't have flattered us. Scott Harries was superb second half I thought, his best display so far while Olly Wood also looked good. Difficult to pick a man of the match though as each player played his part. I'll be honest in saying that I didn't expect a great deal from Whitby, it's a long way to travel on a Tuesday night. However taking nothing away from us, it's still great to get two back to back wins in such a convincing manner. Just one other thing though, Killer not getting a run and Charlie not even making the bench. Any thoughts? Anyway onwards and upwards and we can go into Saturday's tricky game at Stourbridge full of confidence. COYDB.
acasualview

Whitby Town (H) Empty Re: Whitby Town (H)

20/9/2017, 21:44
I didn't see Saturdays game but I agree with your comments about last night. It was a great night to play and watch football, cool and still and the team seemed to be working hard and trying things, some of the interplay had Whitby chasing shadows. We created plenty of chances and for the most part they were on the back foot. I think  once our first one went in some of their heads dropped, they certainly didn't seem to react except, as you'd expect, straight after half time. The only thing I would say is not every team will let us have so many chances so we need to up the percentage that at least hit the target.
sparrows left peg

21/9/2017, 08:27
I thought that was the best we've played this season bar for 15 minute after the break. Can't praise the defence enough once again, despite being without Ricky and Glenn. This time, however, we showed more offensively than in recent games. Oliver Wood and Melle Meulensteen linked up well but Scotty Harries ran the show for me, his best game yet, though he has played well in others. From what I've seen so far, only Warrington have impressed and we got a point out of that. It's going to get a lot tougher though starting with Stourbridge on Saturday who are a strong side, and Witton on Tuesday, who now find themselves top of the league. Then the small matter of a FA Cup trip to Shaw Lane, a big challenge. Come through that little lot unscathed and I think we will know much more about this side. So far its been a superb start. COYDB
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum