Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

countdown

+14
CarefulWithThatAxe
SC GenSec
janb
South of the river
DollyTillIDie
LFC-LCFC
Big Blue
cityuntilidie
Tobycarvery
Shrimpsmakemeill
janinfrance
alasher
sparrows left peg
gaz1889
18 posters
Go down
CarefulWithThatAxe

countdown  - Page 6 Empty Re: countdown

18/3/2017, 20:49
We were quite good and well on top for the first 20 minutes, but after that we were on the back foot the whole time, though we should have scored two or three more on the break. I don't think we put a proper passing sequence together in the entire second half - as soon as we got the ball we gave it away again, time after time. To keep a clean sheet required a mixture of good luck, poor finishing from Tadcaster and some excellent saves from Mike Hale.

Thus we managed to win while playing really rather badly - this is supposed to be the sign of champions! So maybe we can still hope.

The only bright moments after the first 20 minutes all came from Hannu Tam. He looks very promising and we should try hard to hold on to him.

Tom Kilifin looked barely half fit - very sluggish. Given also Connie's early departure and Louis's suspension, Hannu is going to be really important over the next couple of games.
Shrimpsmakemeill

21/3/2017, 21:38
Just finished at Throstle Nest:-

Farsley Celtic 2 Clitheroe 4

Doesn't that mean Celtic's advantage is back to goal difference only now?
gaz1889

21/3/2017, 21:42
Correct.
7 games to go, 22 points required. If only we hadn't been so poor the last 3 weeks or so. I can't believe how many goals they're leaking in their last 10 games.
sparrows left peg

22/3/2017, 07:42
By all accounts Farsley were out on their feet by the end of the game and thoroughly battered during it. With a tough away game at Bamber Bridge coming up, could they slip up again. More importantly can we take advantage of the lifelines being thrown our way. As Gaz mentioned, they are leaking goals for fun at the back, something we are not. But its the goals for column that's the problem. One big unbeaten run to the end of the season could see us winning it, here's hoping. It's going to be tight.
Tobycarvery

22/3/2017, 08:58
So it comes down to the best defence in the league v the best attack. If they keep haemorraging goals and we can keep clean sheets, it'll be a close finish. Given that the maximum points either of us can get is now 94, my notion that 90 points could win the league may not be so far fetched.
gaz1889

25/3/2017, 18:15
So, we're finally in control!
6 games to go 16 points required!
it's starting to look possible again.
. MASSIVE game next week.....I been worried Colne will turn us over for some time now.
Hope the bandwagon's picking up at every stop next week cos they'll have loads on the axe next week.
sparrows left peg

25/3/2017, 19:13
Might not have any bearing on the run-in but Walshaw sent-off again for Farsley - straight red.
Shrimpsmakemeill

25/3/2017, 19:28
Funnily enough when Colne visit us next week we could be second again. Sad Farsley, having had games in hand on us for seemingly ages, play their rearranged game at Mossley on Tuesday so it will be us who will be a game behind.
Tobycarvery

26/3/2017, 10:26
If last week's win was ugly, this was beautiful. Full of grit, determination and endeavour. We never let Radcliffe settle on the ball and dominated the game from start to finish. They had one chance early on and a highly dubious penalty, superbly saved by Mike Hale. Hannu Tam took his goals well and I thought Josh Earl was impressive when he came on 3-0 didn't flatter us, we could have scored six or seven. Farsley seem to have imploded, so the signs are good.
Shrimpsmakemeill

26/3/2017, 12:32
Well it's true what people are saying about unpredictability. With the run they had, who would have thought that Farsley would have lost three of their last four games? Or indeed that we would lose at Colwyn Bay, who were without a win since the beginning of December? I'm sure neither team will pick up all the remaining 18 points.

TC, I hope you're right about Farsley imploding, but let's not tempt fate!

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum