Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

countdown

+14
CarefulWithThatAxe
SC GenSec
janb
South of the river
DollyTillIDie
LFC-LCFC
Big Blue
cityuntilidie
Tobycarvery
Shrimpsmakemeill
janinfrance
alasher
sparrows left peg
gaz1889
18 posters
Go down
DollyTillIDie

countdown  - Page 4 Empty Re: countdown

5/3/2017, 07:06
I thought the decision to put Dan Birch on was a risky one, as switching up the defence always is.
Rob Henry wasn't injured and Birchy played well in that run of games a few weeks ago but every time it was thrown out to the right hand side they looked like they would score.

Edit: I'm aware this should be in the other thread but it's here now.
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

5/3/2017, 10:07
Rob was not exactly covering himself in glory. Birch gave some legs and impetus going forward, and that would be the idea I guess.
Shrimpsmakemeill

7/3/2017, 21:09
Farsley five up before the hour mark. They seem just unstoppable at the moment. Crying or Very sad
sparrows left peg

7/3/2017, 21:52
Make that 0-7, bang goes the goal difference.. they've now got four home games in a row now.
Tobycarvery

8/3/2017, 09:15
Without wishing to be a harbinger of doom, if we win our three remaining games this month and Farsley win their six, they will be six points ahead of us by the end of March. Even with a game in hand, it would be difficult to catch them given their goal difference. Their current form would make them clear favourites for the title. Having scored 12 goals in their last two away games, it seems like they have the momentum now. I think we just have to ensure we garner enough points to guarantee second place and take our chance in the lottery of the playoffs. We all know what happened last time round, but we had lost momentum after the Halifax defeat and we must ensure that doesn't happen again.
alasher
alasher

8/3/2017, 12:30
Oh come on folks! Carry on down this train of thought & we may as well start getting ready for next season in this division Sad
I hope that the players have more faith than some of you!
There's still a long long way to go &, as I said before, if they win every game from now till the end of the season, then fair play, they deserve to win the division. If we do end up in the playoffs, who are you scared of? We have struggled at home against sides that have sat deep, anyone that comes here in the playoffs will have to win, one way or another.
Chins up for heaven's sake!
gaz1889

8/3/2017, 20:22
I admire your optimism Steve. However if we end up in the play offs, 2 of of our most likely opponents have already won at the Axe this season whilst keeping clean sheets. It's looking like our home form may well prove to be our downfall.
Just to add to the doom & gloom....Farsley could be top by 5pm Saturday!
South of the river

8/3/2017, 21:48
It's the play-offs again.
janinfrance

9/3/2017, 18:34
Simple solution is to finish 5th then we have two away games, probably against teams we have beaten comfortably on their home patch
Tobycarvery

10/3/2017, 10:27
We'd have to have an almighty collapse in the next 9 games to finish 5th. Playoff winners are usually teams that have momentum at the end of the season, so we need to keep winning.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum