Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Brocker

Clitheroe Empty Clitheroe

26/8/2015, 09:58
As Lady Bracknell might have said, to lose two goals after drawing level seems like carelessness. We surely should not have lost that game, but for the second match in a row we conceded immediately after scoring: were there lapses in concentration? Clitheroe are still a physical side, but they play much more football than was the case a couple of seasons back, and that struck me as another very good game despite the result.
Two excellent goals from Aaron, and good first half efforts from Joe and Reece. An impressive performance from Shakiel, both at right back and in midfield. Is Billy carrying an injury? That's the second time in four games that he has been subbed.
I am sure that Darren and Trev will work on the defensive lapses. Saturday's FA Cup tie will be very tough, but there was plenty of evidence of the quality in the squad.
Slightly disappointed that only Marshy acknowledged the fans at the end: of course the players were upset by the result, but so were the supporters, yet verbal encouragement was non-stop, up to and beyond the final whistle.
Onwards and upwards.
sparrows left peg

Clitheroe Empty Re: Clitheroe

26/8/2015, 10:37
I don't think it's time to panic quite yet. Always a difficult place to go but the defence has to sort itself out like the second half of last season. I think Adam Freeland settles that back four no end. I think Mike Hale will eventually come back in, though Michael Donlon has done quite well. Some of these players are still trying to gel as a team but I feel with the signing of Danny Carlton, to go with Aaron, Reece and Matty Poole, we'll always score goals. Interesting to note Tom Kilifin limped off injured last night.
Conmac End

26/8/2015, 20:24
Brocker wrote:As Lady Bracknell might have said, to lose two goals after drawing level seems like carelessness. We surely should not have lost that game, but for the second match in a row we conceded immediately after scoring: were there lapses in concentration? Clitheroe are still a physical side, but they play much more football than was the case a couple of seasons back, and that struck me as another very good game despite the result.
Two excellent goals from Aaron, and good first half efforts from Joe and Reece. An impressive performance from Shakiel, both at right back and in midfield. Is Billy carrying an injury? That's the second time in four games that he has been subbed.
I am sure that Darren and Trev will work on the defensive lapses. Saturday's FA Cup tie will be very tough, but there was plenty of evidence of the quality in the squad.
Slightly disappointed that only Marshy acknowledged the fans at the end: of course the players were upset by the result, but so were the supporters, yet verbal encouragement was non-stop, up to and beyond the final whistle.
Onwards and upwards.

Yeah cracking multi-diamensional support from the Boyz!

Sad to see only el-capitano saluting the mid-week travelling fans!

Lets hope for better on sat! COYMDB
TheRealDelly
TheRealDelly

26/8/2015, 22:11
Killer's groin playing up...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum