Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sam Bailey

+7
distantmusic
DollyTillIDie
alasher
Shrimpsmakemeill
janb
LFC-LCFC
Brocker
11 posters
Go down
distantmusic

Sam Bailey - Page 2 Empty Re: Sam Bailey

24/7/2015, 16:33
As far as I know Rob went to Australia last back end and broke his ankle quite badly, last I heard his recovery was slow but he had started light training with Milnthorpe, whether or not he would make a full recovery was unknown at that time which was a fair while ago. On the subject of Darren not being a fan I was led to believe he liked what he saw of him but couldn't agree terms, who knows what the facts are.
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

24/7/2015, 19:31
Thought Sam was best footballer in the squad IMHO so a loss, but I'm not a fan of a player (particularly at this level) attempting to dictate to the manager where he should be playing so a necessary loss. Hard for his ego to deal with the reality that having been released by Bolton, you're not even the kingpin at Lancaster.

As for Rob Wilson, I look forward to him flat track bullying local football, or driving some team forward to mid table mediocrity in our division with 1 decent game in every 3 or 4 - just hopefully not us.

Last edited by janb on 25/7/2015, 11:50; edited 1 time in total
cityuntilidie

24/7/2015, 22:30
Unfortunately you cannot play 3 central midfield players. Agree that Hunter and Akrigg are the best 2. Akrigg played a lot of games out wide to start with and looked out of place. Since going in to the middle he has improved and very rarely has a poor game. Sam was not really a full back and it clearly was not his position. Still sorry to see him leave. Rob Henry was not the same player after the illnesses and injuries. If we could get the old Rob back that played under Tony yes would welcome him back. Rob Wilson would not get in centre midfield just like Sam. I just hope we are going to make some signings to improve us before the season starts.
distantmusic

25/7/2015, 10:04
Interesting debate so let's throw this in, I think Billy and Gary are similar types of players, they break up opposition play in the middle of the park and around our box, both have good engines, although I think Billy's is exceptional, but neither so far bring a quality level of distribution from midfield to our front men, so can we afford them both if we can't play 3 central midfield players. Is it possible to play a triangle in the middle accomodating both Billy & Gary with a third player, and I'm not suggesting Rob Wilson principally because as far as I know it's not an option, as a playmaker. It would mean playing Billy and Gary behind the playmaker and having I suppose a 4-2-1-3 formation but if your fullbacks support the front 3, and where oh where is Ryan Elderton, it would give opposition defences far more to think about than a lot of the predictable, and often inaccurate, forward balls we sem to play at the moment.
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

25/7/2015, 11:26
I think it was pretty clear Ryan's legs were failing him by the end of his last spell with us.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

25/7/2015, 11:31
I wouldn't have broken up Akrigg-Hunter in the middle. Very consistent midfield partnership, something we've lacked for years since Wills/Carney.

Never understood the whole playing Bailey in the middle hype. Decent at free kicks though.

edit: the idea of playing at Kendal Town is depressing
South of the river

27/7/2015, 07:54
Can't believe that the Boot and Shoe haven't sacked him yet.
Conmac End

23/9/2015, 14:07
With all the reports on his displays and the goals he's scored so far this season, I think it has now been proved that Sam Bailey is a central midfield player of top quality!
DollyTillIDie

23/9/2015, 15:27
Conmac End wrote:With all the reports on his displays and the goals he's scored so far this season, I think it has now been proved that Sam Bailey is a central midfield player of top quality!

Fancy that eh if only someone had mentioned sooner
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

23/9/2015, 15:34
Maybe it's time to turn the tables and start putting 7 days notice on a few of their players!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum