Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackpool (H - Pre-season)

+6
SeasideEssexXile
South of the river
alasher
filipinodollyblues
themaclad
LFC-LCFC
10 posters
Go down
South of the river

Blackpool (H - Pre-season) - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackpool (H - Pre-season)

11/7/2015, 10:55
SeasideEssexXile wrote:If we could be bothered again the banner this time would read:

"We've already achieved what you can only dream of"

Our efforts are only targeted in one direction at the moment, we've got bigger ****s to fry.

I dream of PNE playing in the top division, winning it without losing a game and winning the FA Cup without conceding a goal in the same season.  I also want us to win an FA Cup match 26-0.  Well you can't deny a person a dream.
SeasideEssexXile
SeasideEssexXile

11/7/2015, 18:36
Well that's that for a pre-season friendly.
A half decent game ended due to about 20 "fans" on the pitch.
Not surprised, widely talked about before hand but as a Pool fan disappointed.
If anything shows a lack of respect to TS.
A crowd of 750+ had seen us leading 3-1 before the walk-on.
Pool fans arguing amongst themselves, physical abuse, at the moment we all want 1 goal but there's varying views on how to achieve that.
Impressed by the lad Cullen upfront, looks sharp and has an eye for goal.
For 'town the number 6 played everything. Everything went to him, pass pass pass.
Plenty of positives for the dolly blues. Stood close to the dug outs today and hearing GP + TS talk vocally to the players about angles, shape etc. I'm not worried about your future.
As a Lancaster lad, it's always the first result I look for after ours.
Here's to a good season.
Onwards + Upwards
South of the river

11/7/2015, 20:04
SeasideEssexXile wrote:Well that's that for a pre-season friendly.
A half decent game ended due to about 20 "fans" on the pitch.
Not surprised, widely talked about before hand  but as a Pool fan disappointed.
If anything shows a lack of respect to TS.
A crowd of 750+ had seen us leading 3-1 before the walk-on.
Pool fans arguing amongst themselves, physical abuse,  at the moment we all want 1 goal but there's varying views on how to achieve that.
Impressed by the lad Cullen upfront, looks sharp and has an eye for goal.
For 'town the number 6 played everything. Everything went to him, pass  pass pass.
Plenty of positives for the dolly blues. Stood close to the dug outs today and hearing GP + TS talk vocally to the players about angles, shape etc. I'm not worried about your future.
As a Lancaster lad, it's always the first result I look for after ours.
Here's to a good season.
Onwards + Upwards

Saw so many Blackpool friends in the massive crowd today at the Axe today. It was a financial winner for the DBs today. I thought the "fans" who ventured on to the pitch, whilst not justified, were within their opinion to do so. Finally, I would like to propose a truce to my EssextangerineXile. There's an olive branch in the air for you to grab Exile.
alasher
alasher

11/7/2015, 20:56
Our pen was scored by a Ryan Wine-der according to sky Very Happy
themaclad
themaclad

12/7/2015, 07:59
Whilst not there yesterday fully understand what the ex Premier League now League 1 club fans are going through however IMV yesterday won't help their cause.Protest by all means after all we live in a democracy but to me yesterday was wrong.
Anyway Dave we may not have your recent history however at least we manage to finish games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
distantmusic

12/7/2015, 08:16
Maybe I'm old fashioned but it seems to me that Blackpool FC, in the shape of a small group of so called supporters, plumbed new depths yesterday at the Axe. I've long held the view that Oyston is doing their club no good and would be happy to see the club rid of him so that it can move on, but it's disrespectul and unacceptable to visit a club, particularly one which to all intents and purposes is run on the basis of volunteers, at our level and subject it to the kind of actions we saw yesterday, putting it simply we didn't deserve that.
I must say that talking to many Blackpool supporters during the game it was abundantly clear that the action came from a minority of their fans, however it did seem that there were a lot who stayed off the pitch whilst lending vocal support to those on it, but all of that doesn't alter the fact that it shouldn't have happened and it is still a Blackpool Club problem which probably needs the more moderate supporters to step up to the plate and confront because it appears that the Oyston issue is causing deep rifts amongst the supporters ranks and that will surely suit whatever agenda he has got.
There are right ways and wrong ways to do things and the most important thing is not to alienate neutral support but after yesterday I for one care a lot less about Blackpool fan's problems with regard to the Club's ower, the actions I saw have no place in any sport and if allowed to persist will take the club lower and lower.
On a final point I thought the officials, the respective managers and players, the stewards and all representatives of the Dillie Blues handled themselves well, long live non league football.
alasher
alasher

12/7/2015, 09:02
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33493919

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9910249/everton-crystal-palace-and-norwich-win-pre-season-friendlies

how come we are never given any positive publicity? It wasnt our fault. As Dave says, we are a club 90% run by volunteers. The vast majority of 'Pool fans had come to have a look at their new team & manager & I have to admit that being a former regular at Bloomfield Road I have a great deal of sympathy with them for what is happening there. However is Giant Axe really the place for any protest? It has nothing to do with LCFC
CarefulWithThatAxe

12/7/2015, 10:00
alasher wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33493919

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9910249/everton-crystal-palace-and-norwich-win-pre-season-friendlies

how come we are never given any positive publicity? It wasnt our fault. As Dave says, we are a club 90% run by volunteers. The vast majority of 'Pool fans had come to have a look at their new team & manager & I have to admit that being a former regular at Bloomfield Road I have a great deal of sympathy with them for what is happening there. However is Giant Axe really the place for any protest? It has nothing to do with LCFC  

I quite agree. We probably all have great sympathy for the Blackpool fans - we know from first-hand experience how it feels to be thoroughly shafted. But the actions of the small minority showed zero respect for Lancaster City. Any protests they stage should be at their own ground, not ours. While the vast majority of Blackpool fans clearly agreed with what the protesters were saying, many of them seemed a little embarrassed that LCFC had been dragged into the argument.

Until then - some decent play in the first half, with Bailey, Winder, Akrigg and Hunter showing good understanding. Apart from the two goals, the defence looked assured as well - taking their chances was really the only area where the difference in class showed. Up front, Matty Poole fell over well for the penalty, but attack looks like being our weakest area again. Second half, after multiple substitutions, was inevitably less impressive, especially as they only had about 30 minutes instead of 45 .......
CarefulWithThatAxe

12/7/2015, 10:42
Before I get accused of being too negative:

1. Great to be back at the Axe. Roll on the season proper. Maybe this year .... ? (but I say this most years)

2. A big thank you to all the Blackpool fans for coming along. That will almost certainly be the biggest gate of our season. I stood among many of you in the first half and you seemed a great bunch. Good luck!

3. The pitch looked to be in fantastic condition. Congratulations and many thanks to the ground staff and anyone else who made a contribution to this.
TangerineInPeace

12/7/2015, 14:54
Blackpool fan in peace. Just wanted to apologise for the scenes caused yesterday. Whilst we`re trying to take control of our club back, I think there`s a time and a place and yesterday was neither.
Not only did it steal precious pre-season minutes that we so badly missed out on last year, a chance for our new squad to bond and gel and a chance for our Not A Penny More fans to take in an away game after 2 months of no football, but I saw a number of small kids supporting Lancaster that were crying and scared of what was happening, after all, some of them would've probably had relatives or friends playing for the local side.
The hospitality was great, and even though the queue for the bar took a while to eventually get there, the 2 guys serving laughed it off with fans about not being used to such numbers. Spoke to a few shrimps fans that wanted to see how their ex lad Redshaw got on, and they to were disappointed to have the game abandoned.
Anyway, enough waffle, but I offer yous all my sincerest apologies and good luck in the coming season Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum