Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harrogate Railway Athletic.....

+10
chelseabilly
DollyTillIDie
cityuntilidie
distantmusic
gaz1889
SC GenSec
Brocker
LFC-LCFC
alasher
Shrimpsmakemeill
14 posters
Go down
gaz1889

Harrogate Railway Athletic..... - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Railway Athletic.....

8/12/2014, 19:54
Brocker's last sentence pretty much sums the whole thing up. Whilst we need to improve in several areas already identified in this thread the sad truth is even with our strongest team from last season or 3 years ago we would still be a fair bit short of the best this league has on offer this season. Both Kendal & Brig seem to be spending on players without setting the world alight, you've got Darlo & Spenny up in the NE backed by their very good crowds & the pick of the best players in an area of high population, then there's Salford with their millions & now Wire who will no doubt be chucking their newly acquired wealth at a promotion push.....oh yeah, add Scarborough, Droylsden & Farsley & it makes a top half finish quite an achievement.
There's nothing we can do about it but if we were located nearer to Manchester/ Merseyside then we would have a greater choice of players but we're left with the choice of paying extra travelling expenses or missing out altogether & it seems it must be the latter which is happening.
All somewhat sad & depressing for a Monday....sorry!
themaclad
themaclad

Harrogate Railway Athletic..... - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Railway Athletic.....

9/12/2014, 08:29
Money men don't always work out as we have found to our cost.
Conmac End

9/12/2014, 11:42
themaclad wrote:Money men don't always work out as we have found to our cost.

When did we have any Money men at our club?

I must of missed them!
Conmac End

9/12/2014, 11:48
Also where's all the people of Lancaster who said they would come to The Axe if Mick Hoyle ( he saved our club ) was not involved!

I don't see the attendances going up, only down!!
Brocker

9/12/2014, 12:57
Conmac End wrote:Also where's all the people of Lancaster who said they would come to The Axe if Mick Hoyle ( he saved our club ) was not involved!

Lack of support from the Lancaster public has been an issue as long as I can remember. Remember our playoff season: we had thirteen successive wins, and for the thirteenth the gate dropped to 184. By and large, Lancaster folk don't give a damn.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

9/12/2014, 18:21
Conmac End wrote:Also where's all the people of Lancaster who said they would come to The Axe if Mick Hoyle ( he saved our club ) was not involved!

Aye, I heard that line from a fair few people in town before.

People just can't leave their beloved arm chairs behind Evil or Very Mad
filipinodollyblues
filipinodollyblues

11/12/2014, 21:29
just had to comment on the last part of this post... im from morecambe & have been following burnley since i was a kid home & away (dads from burnley) but due to burnley getting promoted to the prem ticket prices have soared and now i just cant afford to go on so i decided to come & watch the dolly blues my first game was a 3-1 win against radcliffe borough since then i have been hooked and have attended every home game since (even freezing cold tuesday nights lol) also i have managed to get a few work lads to come down and now all they talk about is when is the next city home game lol so just letting you all know the club has also gained a couple of new fans over th e last month and the best bit is we are all from morecambe Very Happy Very Happy
Shrimpsmakemeill

11/12/2014, 23:13
filipinodollyblues wrote:just had to comment on the last part of this post... im from morecambe & have been following burnley since i was a kid home & away (dads from burnley) but due to burnley getting promoted to the prem ticket prices have soared and now i just cant afford to go on so i decided to come & watch the dolly blues my first game was a 3-1 win against radcliffe borough since then i have been hooked and have attended every home game since (even freezing cold tuesday nights lol) also i have managed to get a few work lads to come down and now all they talk about is when is the next city home game lol so just letting you all know the club has also gained a couple of new fans over th e last month and the best bit is we are all from morecambe Very Happy Very Happy
Hopefully the lads will give you a win to cheer on Saturday!
alasher
alasher

13/12/2014, 13:10
filipinodollyblues wrote:just had to comment on the last part of this post... im from morecambe & have been following burnley since i was a kid home & away (dads from burnley) but due to burnley getting promoted to the prem ticket prices have soared and now i just cant afford to go on so i decided to come & watch the dolly blues my first game was a 3-1 win against radcliffe borough since then i have been hooked and have attended every home game since (even freezing cold tuesday nights lol) also i have managed to get a few work lads to come down and now all they talk about is when is the next city home game lol so just letting you all know the club has also gained a couple of new fans over th e last month and the best bit is we are all from morecambe Very Happy Very Happy

well done fellas....welcome on board the Dolly bus.....hope we all enjoy the ride
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum