Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Brocker

Scarborough Athletic Empty Scarborough Athletic

13/12/2014, 20:12
How frustrating was that? Once again we gave the opposition an early goal and didn't start to play until, presumably, DP and TS threw some proverbial half time teacups. Much better in the second--Sam's free kick will take some beating as goal of the season--and were surely right to press for the winner, but the danger of being caught on the counter-attack was always there. Personally I would have preferred to see Eldo's and Gav's positions reversed.
cityuntilidie

Scarborough Athletic Empty Re: Scarborough Athletic

13/12/2014, 20:40
Need to win at Padiham to stop the rot. Pleased to see that Tom was back and also Ryan
gaz1889

14/12/2014, 10:14
A lot better this week....only fair I put it on record after having a pop last week. I couldn't quite get my head round the system we were trying to play first half & it was all very scrappy & disjointed.
Second half we had a good 20 minute spell of passionate, determined & creative football leading to an excellent goal....if Gary hunter had been on the pitch he would have flicked it high into the box & would have most likely been cleared by their big dominant defenders so it was good to see we have something more creative to offer. I found it odd that we chose to play 2 midfielders at full back & 2 full backs in midfield. I also find it odd that we continue to start with this season's best player (Sam bailey) on the bench? I reckon he's a better option than at least 4 of the players who started ahead of him....maybe there's an issue with him which I'm unaware of? Fitness? Discipline? Anyone shed any light?
Tobycarvery

14/12/2014, 10:22
Why didn't Hunter play and where is our recent signing Adam Freeland? I agree it seems odd that Bailey doesn't start as I think he'd be excellent in our midfield, though probably not on the left.
sparrows left peg

14/12/2014, 10:50
I agree Sam Bailey should be starting {possibly instead of Akrigg IMO}, and I was talking to him as he warmed up yesterday. He said he came to the club to play and is willing to play anywhere, he's also not happy at getting dragged off after about an hour when he does start. Hopefully that goal and his performance when he came on will not have got overlooked by the management duo. Why was Elderton put in midfield when Clark was at left-back ? I think Winder and Hunter would have made a difference. Someone said Freeland got injured playing for the ressies. don't know if that's true but good start to his City career if it is.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

14/12/2014, 12:25
Freeland did indeed get injured playing for the reserves a few weeks ago. Hunter was at a wedding this weekend I was told.

After what is becoming a frustratingly normal abysmal opening 45, we were by far in my opinion the better team in the second half. After we equalised it looked like we might even go on and win it, and this is against a team chasing promotion.

We are, by far, the most under-performing side in the league. We are easily a top half table side in my books at least. Players are finally starting to return from injuries/absence, except Winder, which can only make us play better.

Absolutely must win at Padiham next Saturday. Zero excuses for that one.
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

14/12/2014, 18:58

World class free kick at 8:44.
DollyTillIDie

15/12/2014, 11:15
sparrows left peg wrote:I agree Sam Bailey should be starting {possibly instead of Akrigg IMO}, and I was talking to him as he warmed up yesterday. He said he came to the club to play and is willing to play anywhere, he's also not happy at getting dragged off after about an hour when he does start. Hopefully that goal and his performance when he came on will not have got overlooked by the management duo. Why was Elderton put in midfield when Clark was at left-back ? I think Winder and Hunter would have made a difference. Someone said Freeland got injured playing for the ressies. don't know if that's true but good start to his City career if it is.

Agree with that apart from the 'possibly'.

Indeed, why?
Brocker

15/12/2014, 12:51
LFC-LCFC wrote:Freeland did indeed get injured playing for the reserves a few weeks ago. Hunter was at a wedding this weekend I was told.

After what is becoming a frustratingly normal abysmal opening 45, we were by far in my opinion the better team in the second half. After we equalised it looked like we might even go on and win it, and this is against a team chasing promotion.

We are, by far, the most under-performing side in the league. We are easily a top half table side in my books at least. Players are finally starting to return from injuries/absence, except Winder, which can only make us play better.

Absolutely must win at Padiham next Saturday. Zero excuses for that one.
Not just your, or our opinion, Jonny, that we were the better side in the second half, but that of at least one Boro supporter to whom I spoke in the aftermath of their winner. He described Sam's strike as a "wonder goal". Perhaps we need to play for 45 minutes before the opposition arrives, then we may be ready to produce our second half performance from the start.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum