Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kilifin

+5
cityuntilidie
Shrimpsmakemeill
Brocker
Tobycarvery
LFC-LCFC
9 posters
Go down
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

Kilifin Empty Kilifin

1/11/2014, 17:53
Out indefinitely with a broken hand. Exclamation

It's not been the best season for injuries and it's only November...
Tobycarvery

Kilifin Empty Re: Kilifin

1/11/2014, 18:41
How did that happen?
Brocker

2/11/2014, 21:21
No matter what people feel about Connie's attitude, I would have him back tomorrow,. Without Killer we will struggle for goals. Hope it doesn't have implications for his work. Neutral
Tobycarvery

3/11/2014, 09:03
Brocker wrote:No matter what people feel about Connie's attitude, I would have him back tomorrow,. Without Killer we will struggle for goals. Hope it doesn't have implications for his work. Neutral

Assuming DP will have Connie back, which I doubt, if he were to leave Mintcakes at a moment's notice, he'd be showing the same lack of loyalty he showed us last season. Still, why should I be surprised, since footballers generally show little loyalty.
Shrimpsmakemeill

3/11/2014, 09:10
I don't suppose we could afford him now; no doubt his "value" has increased since 3 p.m. on Saturday!

If we had a vote as to who has been our best manager over the last three decades, I suspect Tony Hesketh would pick up a lot of support. Let's remember he walked out on us in 2003 to take a more lucrative job at Southport and we later welcomed him back. Yes, I know it's not the same as going to Australia and giving DP a day's notice (or whatever), but the past is the past.

By the way, can an administrator correct the forum clock please?
cityuntilidie

3/11/2014, 10:47
Are you sure Tony walked out on us for more money at Southport. Did he not have a difference of opinion with the chairman at the time which was not resolved.
Football gangster1

3/11/2014, 12:46
It just shows that no one has faith in the other players! One player doesn't make the squad!! ✋
Shrimpsmakemeill

3/11/2014, 14:24
cityuntilidie wrote:Are you sure Tony walked out on us for more money at Southport. Did he not have a difference of opinion with the chairman at the time which was not resolved.
Just dug some old papers out.

Tony is quoted as saying "Mike Walsh [Southport manager] was looking for someone who knows this level of the game and approached me to go as his assistant. It was a difficult decision to leave Lancaster but Southport convinced me it was the right thing to do".

Guardian reporter Richard Machin quotes Eric Williams as saying the following: "He has set high standards and this year was tough, so perhaps it's no surprise he felt the need to move on". Eric also referred to recent criticisms levelled at Hesketh by Lancaster City fans on the website: "I don't know whether that was a factor but a few anonymous people were giving Tony some stick and it was an awkward situation".

So this is what the public were told via the local press, no mention of any disagreement with the chairman.
cityuntilidie

3/11/2014, 15:27
I remember us getting a heavy defeat at Droylsden and the chairman going into the dressing room after the game not happy at the performance. I don't think things were the same between them after that. I was sorry to see Tony go on both Occasions.
Brocker

3/11/2014, 17:04
Football gangster1 wrote:It just shows that no one has faith in the other players! One player doesn't make the squad!! ✋
Certainly he doesn't, but Tom has been a big factor in such success as we've had this season. We have struggled with injuries, illness, and unavailability (eg Rob Henry, Ryan Elderton, Simon until recently) and we have a small and youthful squad. Every loss of a player, however short term, is a blow.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum