Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
distantmusic

A day out to King's Lynn  Empty A day out to King's Lynn

12/10/2014, 14:27
Not the easiest place to get to but a pleaseant enough town. Moreen & I decided to go straight to the ground, I believe the wiser heads amongst the supprters decided for a pub first, on that score they were spot on given that the ground bar was basic & characterless and the beer was way over priced, £5.50 for a pint of smooth and half of dry cider was dearer than the hotel we stayed in the night before and in addition the smooth was awful, makes you realise what a warm, welcoming and friendly set up we have at the Axe.
We enjoyed the banter with the local supporters and the atmosphere was pretty good throughout the game, as some of their's said the sending off ruined a good game because it was clear early on that we had the weaponry to cause them severe problems. The sending off did change everything, don't know if the second yellow was deserved or not as we were watching our end of the pitch where they had 4 onto 3 but it doesn't alter the fact that it happened and by the time we readjusted they were ahead and had us under real pressure until half time. The second half only served to emphasise how competitive we could be and there is little doubt, in my mind at least, that had we retained a full complement they would have seriously struggled to beat us over the 90 minutes. The ten men were a credit to themselves, the club and the supporters and lost nothing in defeat, when you realise how little real experience there is in Darren's squad the attitude his players show is a real credit to him, Trevor and all the support staff and it's just a pity that he doesn't have £2-300 a week more to give everybody a bit of breathing space, I'm sure it would make all the difference.
All in all a great day out, somebody has to lose, it's disappointing that it had to be us and in the circumstances that prevailed, but the real deal is how everybody handles defeat and the standing ovation for the players at the end was a great message, well done everyone and thanks Darren et al for your acknowledgement of the support - bring on the 'Spenny'
Conmac End

A day out to King's Lynn  Empty Re: A day out to King's Lynn

12/10/2014, 17:19
Cracking day, good fun on the coach!
I think we deserved a draw for the 2nd half display with 10 men.
It always seems strange to me how most locals don't like to hear some noise!!! Cracking support by all the Dollies!
So its Brig and if we are to beat them we're AWAY again, all good fun.
DPBWA
Dollyblue86

13/10/2014, 00:04
Absolute quality day yesterday! Good craic on the supporters coach too! Top effort from the lads especially 2nd half, need to push on and continue that type of play with a win on Tues! Smile
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

13/10/2014, 21:20
Think we'll struggle to find a longer day out in football! Great experience as a fanbase travelling that far as a group and giving our lads 90 minutes support as they played against 12 men.

Apparently that ref is a regular official in the football league! Shocked

Bring on the Spenny! Very Happy
Conmac End

14/10/2014, 09:01
So, it would of been fylde at Home. Good chance of getting through!
cityuntilidie

14/10/2014, 17:10
Just got back as we stayed in Norfolk for 3 nights. We were in no trouble at all until the sending off and could have been at least I goal in front. I do not think we could argue about the sending off. If you are already booked and you catch the keeper releasing the ball you are asking for trouble. Its a shame we conceded straight away and the 2nd goal could have been avoided. At half time I expected us to concede more. If the 2nd goal had gone in with 10 minutes to go I think they would have bottled it. They certainly were not better than us until the sending off and 2nd half we played well. We also had a good chance just before half time as well. Not sure why our fans who are a credit to the club had stewards all round them at the end of the game. As previously said well done to the team for not giving up and putting on that 2nd half performance. Hopefully a win tonight and Saturday.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum