Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
alasher
alasher

Cammell Laird Empty Cammell Laird

17/8/2013, 12:48
Is it just me, or is anyone else a bit excited too?

See you all there!!
Miss Lady Bird

Cammell Laird Empty Re: Cammell Laird

17/8/2013, 13:04
Me too :-)
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

17/8/2013, 18:28
Great win to open the season! Horrible weather, bit of a scrappy game but it was still very entertaining. Think we ended up with having 20+ attempts but only 6 were on target. I only counted three shots from Laird, despite them having decent possession and territory in the final 20 minutes.

Attendance of 201 is more good news as well, considering the absence of away fans.
alasher
alasher

18/8/2013, 08:36
I thought that BOTH sides tried to play a bit of football & I didn't think that there were any weak links in our side. We started more slowly than Laird but grew into the game. Personally I'm not sure about Killer playing wide on the left, but I did think that he made a decent fist of it. While you have to remember that Laird finished second in the table last season, I thought that our central midfield pairing would have dominated a little more ( although they did both play well enough) Lots of plus points & positives, plenty to build on & provide hope for the future, including the size of the crowd & the atmosphere. I think there would have been 220+ if not for the rain. My man of the match choice would be Jacko.

Interesting to see that all the big guns got off to winning starts (over 1,100 at Darlington)
Brocker

18/8/2013, 12:54
I would certainly agree about Jacko: his holding up of the ball and distribution are outstanding, but he doesn't half take a battering, which will probably continue to happen. Killer is better running at defences than trying to hold the ball, and as he wins nothing in the air this position may work for him. Obviously he is not a winger, but he can create problems by cutting in. The defence looked very solid, and Danny Mac is gaining in confidence and competence. Congrats, alasher, on not being rude about Sully's team. Actually, I felt that they played better football than they did last season. Don't know whether Sully would agree.
sparrows left peg

19/8/2013, 08:56
I thought we did well enough to win though I hope the Goals plus column is not going to come back and haunt us. I still don't think we have a 20-25 goal a season man, including Tom Kilifin who was wasted on the wing on Saturday. I
thought Aaron Taylor did really well but he's not really a consistent goalscorer and Jacko sits too deep, but is terrific at what he does. I hope i'm wrong but maybe the midfield can chip in with a few. Another thing that passed me by on Sat was Nick Rogan playing for Lairds so Marshy and co did their jobs well.
Sponsored content