Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DollyTillIDie

Grantham - Page 2 Empty Re: Grantham

15/9/2019, 12:22
Dawson is indeed suspended for next week. That’s from the horse’s mouth.
Brocker

15/9/2019, 12:37
That's really bad news. He was superb yesterday.
alasher
alasher

15/9/2019, 12:42
He was excellent yesterday, but with the number of quality midfielders we have in the squad, he may come to regret his lack of discipline. I think when/if Mark finds the combination/formation that works the best in this area we could be a very good side. If that were to happen due to an enforced change then so be it
Brocker

15/9/2019, 12:46
They won't even turn out to support a winning team, Steve. I remember we had thirteen wins on the bounce under Tony Hesketh, and gates actually dropped. If I remember correctly, there were fewer than 190 to see the thirteenth win.
We had a great turn out at Bolton for the Lancs. Trophy Final, but it was only the regulars who came to the next home match. And after we won the League Cup in 2000, the players had the embarrassment of parading the trophy around an empty ground for the next home game against Leek Town. On the subject of discipline, a few players are a bit close to the line. Like everyone else, I rate Scholesy highly, but I am concerned that he was booked on each of the first three occasions I saw him this season (Colls, FCUM, Vics).
alasher
alasher

15/9/2019, 12:58
The situation with the crowds is gutting for the club, the players, and the management as well as us had core regulars. Who knows what to do about it? Thelotonthewrongsideoftheriver's crowds have dwindled over the last few years. Too much football on TV?
I know that Mak Fell and Graham Lancashire were giving out tickets in town prior to the Stafford game & I also heard that he wanted to play the Vics game on the Friday night, which might be something to pursue in the future?
Discipline does seem something of a problem in the current squad, but then again I wouldn't want to take away the competitive edge
Old Fan

16/9/2019, 21:31
There is no easy answer to crowds. I know that giving out the tickets a few weeks ago was successful
I appreciate that it has been done before but sending free tickets to schools and lots of complimentaries to the Uni students when they return in a couple of weeks. Perhaps a few posters on university notice boards with our fixture list. They may be from South Shields and want to support their local team but either way may buy a beer
How about giving all us regulars a few complimentaries we can give out to neighbours or others we think will turn up? Many regulars have season tickets so they won’t be using them themselves!
South of the river

21/9/2019, 18:46
South of the river wrote:
alasher wrote:I'm looking forward to this afternoon's game. They're just one point behind us in the league table. A win today could push us to the edge of the playoff places.
Having said that, do you think we could possibly survive in the division above? I know it's very early in the season to ask such a question, and probably irrelevant as personally I don't think we will sustain such a position, but it would be a more interesting ride than last season.
Any thoughts?

Perhaps next week's game will give us an idea.

Today's result would appear to give us some closure on this matter.
alasher
alasher

21/9/2019, 18:49
Indeed
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum