Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
alasher
alasher

Grantham Empty Grantham

7/4/2019, 10:13
Yesterday was a bit of a flat affair really I thought. The first 80 minutes were reminiscent of the first 45 v Hednesford. Luke Jordan came on, put in two crosses, the first of which Charlie Bailey scored from & the second Brad Carsley rose well & headed powerfully against the crossbar in injury time. Jack Sims made a couple of excellent saves & they missed some gilt-edged openings, otherwise we would've been well beaten. Their goal resulted from a missed challenge by Lewis Fensome in our box, a mistake he almost repeated later on
BigDD

Grantham Empty Re: Grantham

7/4/2019, 11:26
Decent analysis that, the subs changed the game and Luke Jordan was excellent in his little 10 minute cameo. Few too many not at the races yesterday (excuse the pun). But could have nicked it with Carsleys header - he was our best player for me
BigDD

7/4/2019, 11:46
Should have added, how does Charlie Russell not get a game!?Was like the proverbial energiser bunny when he cane on.
Brocker

10/4/2019, 16:03
I feel that Mark deserves immense credit for the substitutions. Charlie Russell was a powerhouse : Charlie Bailey scored, and Luke Jordan, whom, I must confess, I hadn't previously rated, made the goal. We couldn't have asked for more. I agree that the report of the game on the club website is unfairly skewed in our favour, and fails to take into account the charmed life of our net in stoppage time.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum