Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Brocker

Grantham Empty Grantham

11/4/2018, 11:17
A sweet performance from the boys. Where has that flowing football been hiding since the autumn? When Craig Carney is on form, so is the team, and it was great to see glimpses of the old Jarvo, his pin point pass out of defence to Hannu on the right enabling the latter to cross perfectly for Carney to finish with skill and power: the classic counter-punch. More of the same please.
alasher
alasher

Grantham Empty Re: Grantham

11/4/2018, 12:34
I missed this due to work, but I'm getting the impression that we played as well as we have for a while (quite a while!) Same starting eleven on Saturday now, surely? #COYDB
Tobycarvery

11/4/2018, 14:16
On a different note, what's happened to Djabi?
mez

Grantham Empty Grantham .

11/4/2018, 15:51
Good game of football , Couldn't really see why they were third in the league perhaps an off night. The attendance was shocking but if we are going to try to compete with Preston , Blackpool,  Morecambe at home along with City / Liverpool on the box that is what we are going to get , still pretty poor. Thank god for the 20 or so Grantham fans or  we might have been in double figures that's NW Counties standard . I wonder if this had a bearing on L Looney's decision to leave . Altrincham  certainly have more potential crowd wise Manchester airport just around the corner ? This may not be to every ones taste but I actually miss the flares, singing etc ( not condoning bad behaviour) the Chorley semi final was pretty flat. Our away support last two seasons was amazing for a club of our size and was commented on regularly . I just think the team and management deserve a bit more. This is absolutely no criticism  of the current directors and volunteers . Its easy to sit behind a keyboard!
I do think the club needs a Commercial manager or a PR Guru  that will think outside the box, promoting the club in unusual ways maybe steer clear of Tuesdays , the odd Thursday / Friday / Sunday game? The champions league is not only hitting football , the Punk gigs I work at on Tues / Weds in Europe are hit as well. Its a monster eating everything in its path financially and gives nothing much back. On a more positive note I think its been a good first season back with some big money non league clubs and some new grounds at last !
sparrows left peg

11/4/2018, 17:30
Good performance, for a change, and not a loan player in sight, apart from Wynne. Carney showing glimpses of what he's about and at his best he's a tremendous player. Killer comes on and scores, of course he does, how he doesn't start I don't know. Don't know what was up with Simpson but I bet if he's fit or available for Saturday, he'll be straight back in, as Tam did after coming back from holiday last night. Not moping tho, it was a good display as I say. One touch passing a behold to see at times. The third by Killer killed them off {pardon the pun} when they threatened to get back into it but we were far the better side and deserved it. On the subject of the crowd, I agree we've got to try a different night or Sunday afternoon, even if its just to see if it works. COYDB
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum