Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
alasher
alasher

Goals Empty Goals

2/1/2019, 19:47
I guess that I've too much time on my hands, but I've been thinking.....lol
Perhaps I have been barking up the wrong tree in saying that we need an out & out goal scorer. I now believe that we could have a consistent 20 goal per season striker in our ranks & he would still struggle to score simply because we aren't creating enough (or even any!) chances. With the likes of Wilson,Jarvis, Winder, Charlie Bailey, and hopefully soon Sam Bailey I think we have the players who can create chances, but it simply doesn't seem to be happening. If I knew how to rectify this I would've applied for the manager's job myself, and I certainly wish Mark Fell no ill, I hope he succeeds, but if things don't improve quickly we are going to be back where we were when PB left.Already we are in a relegation fight, which is something I thought we had done enough to get out of just a couple of weeks ago We're scoring at less than one goal per league game, and conceding at a rate of almost 2 goals per league game.
Reading the comments on the other thread about the Marine game hasn't made me feel any better either
distantmusic

Goals Empty Re: Goals

5/1/2019, 13:42
Me again Steve. Good assessment there, we do have the players but don't seem to be able to get them to play as a unit. I'm not sure MF knows what his best starting eleven is or maybe it's just that they haven't all been available often enough for him to get a settled team, whatever, he needs to find the magic formula sooner rather than later. Who'd be a football manager, it looks so simple from the outside looking in but it clearly isn't, makes you realise how good TH was.
South of the river

5/1/2019, 17:26
Exceeded expectations today with scoring more than "less than one goal a game" and conceding less than "almost two goals a game." Bit of a backs to the wall performance but the three points are most welcome.
cityuntilidie

5/1/2019, 18:39
Just glad we got three points once again the effort was there from everybody. Our keeper only had routine saves to make so the defence was solid with all the changes. We need a goal scorer who is going to get us 15 goals until the end of season quick.
Next Saturday is another must win game
alasher
alasher

6/1/2019, 08:57
South of the river wrote:Exceeded expectations today with scoring more than "less than one goal a game" and conceding less than "almost two goals a game."    Bit of a backs to the wall performance but  the three points are most welcome.

Have the grammar police now branched out into maths enforcement? Very Happy

I thought that we played pretty well in the first half, matching our visitors. Early on Jarvis, Kilifin & Winder interchanged positions nicely. We looked more theatening in the first half hour then we had in a long time. Second half was largely backs the the wall, but the lads put in 100% effort. What we lacked in quality, we made up for in effort & commitment. If we can replicate this kind of performance, while it wont be pretty, I think we will be ok.Maybe if we can move up the table a little we can then find a little freedom to play more expansively. There seem to be more sides getting drawn into the elegation dog fight...is that good for us or not? I'm not sure.
Thought the support from ou fans was excellent, & also that the ref had a good game
distantmusic

6/1/2019, 09:37
Couldn't make the game, eventually had to succumb to the flu virus but it sounds as if at least the passion is there. Still a concern that there were no gaols from open play and it didn't help the way most of the other results seemed to go - really big game next Saturday.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum