Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday v Marine

+7
janb
Shrimpsmakemeill
alasher
Tobycarvery
Doctor Jimmy
cityuntilidie
LFC-LCFC
11 posters
Go down
Shrimpsmakemeill

Monday v Marine - Page 3 Empty Re: Monday v Marine

27/8/2018, 22:27
I saw on the team list on Twitter that Williams was listed as number 10. Is he playing up front again?
South of the river

28/8/2018, 00:49
sparrows left peg wrote:That's not my point.

It would appear that you've got more points than the Dollies.
Jeff

28/8/2018, 10:03
Williams played central defence until the last ten minutes when we threw him up front. Much improved as people say but Marine will finish a lot closer to bottom than top I would suggest. We looked toothless up front barring the header early on which Fearon tipped over, otherwise lots of honest endeavour and possession, decent wingplay but limited end product or good balls in with nobody on the end of them, most of our efforts on goal were pea rollers from outside the box which Fearon could have dropped his hat on, had he been wearing one. Agree Fletcher looked promising and Dugdale hard working as always but from their limited possession Marine looked more incisive to me and but for two very good Stone saves when they broke late on it could have been worse. We deserved something from the game I thought but we could probably have played another half hour and not scored sadly
LFC-LCFC
LFC-LCFC

28/8/2018, 13:30
So the positives are we didn't lose quite as badly against what will be our relegation rivals? Call a spade a spade ffs. We aren't good enough. We haven't been good enough for for nearly 9 months.

We still lost without creating any clear-cut chances. They created several and if not for Carney not wanting to score against us it would have been 2-0 at least. We have already conceded 5 more goals than the next worst defence, which is actually Marine! And we never looked like scoring either.

Bring back Gav Clark and make us a team again before we are beyond saving, which arrives pretty quickly at this level.
Tobycarvery

28/8/2018, 17:46
Trying to keep positive but defeat against fellow strugglers doesn't help. Defensively we were better than Saturday, but that's not difficult. Playing three central defenders helped, but I agree we never really looked like scoring in the second half. I'd like to see Fletcher play alongside Blinkhorn to give us more firepower. Also agree we could have lost by more had it not been for some excellent keeping.
sparrows left peg

30/8/2018, 10:27
If he had 10 strikers available for selection, he'd still play one up front.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum