Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
janinfrance

Shaw Lane Empty Shaw Lane

15/4/2018, 13:21
Judging from the "live updates" on Twitter and the deafening silence on this forum not much to report from the game then?
CarefulWithThatAxe

Shaw Lane Empty Re: Shaw Lane

15/4/2018, 14:19
Not a lot. Both sides cagey, maybe because both were playing away?!. Only moment of quality a superb free kick by dugdale in about the 90th minute, brilliantly saved by their keeper. Very few real chances either end - late season tiredness perhaps. Killer didn’t come on at all this time - he spent the whole second half by the corner flag so maybe he knew he wasn’t going to. We do need to hang on to him as he has been our best striker this season, but bafflingly little used.
alasher
alasher

15/4/2018, 21:08
A pretty dull, evenly-matched game. The biggest difference was that they had a couple of nasty sods playing in defence, who weren't bothered about winning any fair play awards & were willing, it seemed, to do just about anything to keep a clean sheet.
Their numbers 2, 4 & 6 were decent players (older folk will know that we're only a more impressive #8 away from a song!) although 4 came across as a nasty shit, just what a strong defence needs!
Elliot Wynne made a couple of good saves, their keeper an excellent one from Dugdale's 90th minute free-kick. I have no idea what Killer has to do to get a game, why he didn't start in front of Tam, or why he wasn't brought on instead of Simpson, who hasn't really shown much that's impressed me for one
sparrows left peg

15/4/2018, 22:27
Could be neither Tom or Charlie are from Preston or have Myerscough links
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

16/4/2018, 16:22
Number 6 was David Norris of Plymouth, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Leeds 'fame' so should have been pretty decent.

I thought Tam did OK. Not sure of the value in Simpson at this stage. He isn't very good, and unless this leads to us getting a better PNE player on loan for longer next season Simpson playing probably benefits Phil Brown's day job more than the club. In the meantime the longer Tom spends on the bench the more he becomes Messi in the fans eyes. Now would be the time to give him a run, if he succeeds great, if he fails it shuts a few people up (at least for a while).

Whilst Phil may have his own bias, some supporters have their own as well. I've seen Charlie Bailey play against Stafford, Sutton, and Altrincham and he did Sweet FA. The sub appearance against Sutton Coldfield it was as if I had come on, it was that bad. Meanwhile Ryan Winder utterly anonymous again on Saturday, can't track assists but in terms of goals hasn't scored in open play since November and has only scored open play goals against Mickleover, Coalville, Stratford, West Didsbury + Chorlton, and Droylsden which is to me suggestive of the level he is comfortable at.

In more positive news I thought Jarvo played pretty well. He adds a lot if he can reach a good level.
sparrows left peg

16/4/2018, 20:48
Nothing bias about wanting home-grown players doing well for their home town team.
Sponsored content