Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaw Lane

+4
gaz1889
janb
acasualview
alasher
8 posters
Go down
alasher
alasher

Shaw Lane Empty Shaw Lane

9/9/2017, 09:17
Interesting game in prospect this afternoon, I hope that the weather holds & that not too many people ae put off coming down.
Obviously they are top of the table, but have lost twice already, so are beatable.

Any thoughts on our new loan signing? I personally wouldn't have thought that it was in midfield that we need to strengthen, with BA & the Bailey bros hardly having played, but what do I know?

(those of you that know me will be aware that the answer to that question is "very little") Very Happy
acasualview

Shaw Lane Empty Re: Shaw Lane

9/9/2017, 09:33
Hoping to see a good game of football today and of course a win for us. Their two losses were consequetive and awhile ago and since then they are on a roll which they will be wanting to maintain. If it comes down to a midfield battle, you'll soon find out if you are right or wrong Alasher.
We need everyone switched on and a strong performance at the back (yes you keeper!).
janb
janb
http://twitter.com/janlbuxton

9/9/2017, 11:46
Decisive stage of the Vuelta on the Angliru this afternoon so my season debut will have to be delayed.

Meulensteen scored against us in pre-season last year. Looked a talented player, may be a case of too good not to have him regardless of position.
gaz1889

9/9/2017, 22:35
acasualview wrote:Hoping to see a good game of football today and of course a win for us. Their two losses were consequetive and awhile ago and since then they are on a roll which they will be wanting to maintain. If it comes down to a midfield battle, you'll soon find out if you are right or wrong Alasher.
We need everyone switched on and a strong performance at the back (yes you keeper!).

Yes, the rookie keeper has been accountable for a shocking amount of goals conceded
Doctor Jimmy
Doctor Jimmy

10/9/2017, 07:37
Which keeper are we on about, Chris or Josh? Josh has been excellent since he was thrown in at the deep end v Mickleover. As for yesterday we were outstanding from start to finish. Each player was superb and as such I don't know who got MOM, I certainly couldn't pick just one player out. Disappointing with the crowd though, just 221 when I was hoping for nearer 300.
sparrows left peg

10/9/2017, 09:22
Excellent performance yesterday. The defence was outstanding once again, considering we were without Ricky Mercer and Josh Westwood. I would give Glenn Steel MOTM but others could have earned that. Two well worked goals as well, especially the first. Just one gripe, those who are sarcactically clapping or cheering Olly Wood every time he makes a decent pass or wins a header are out of order. Its not doing his confidence any good at all. We are above that. He's no Connie, we all know that but give the lad a chance. Other than that, happy days COYDB onwards and upwards.
Doctor Jimmy
Doctor Jimmy

10/9/2017, 09:52
Well said Dicko.
pressytheprinter

10/9/2017, 10:25
Excellent performance like everyone else has said. Personally I would have given MoM to Craig Carney but it would have been a close call. Don't think they could have complained if it had been 3 or 4. Their keeper made a great save from Ryan Winder's free kick. Solid throughout the team. Who'd have thought we'd be a month into the season and still unbeaten. The PNE lad looked quality in the short time he'd been on.
SC GenSec

10/9/2017, 11:50
Completely agree with SLP about Ollie Wood. Sure, he's not had a great start to the season, but the guys behind him need to recognise his strengths, and try to give him the right service. They've not been doing that. Yetserday, I thought he worked hard (something he's not always looked as if he wanted to do) and got into some better positions as a result. If Phil & Dave are confident in him, that should be good enough for us, and we should be helping to build the lad's confidence. Sarky jibes from the side do no one any favours.
Doctor Jimmy
Doctor Jimmy

10/9/2017, 14:51
Especially when it comes from people who should know better.
Sponsored content