Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
alasher
alasher

Fans' fund Empty Fans' fund

27/2/2013, 12:45
My understanding at present is that the club have asked us not to give them any money for the remainder of the season.This would mean that we will have around £1,200 extra to use towards next season's wages,plus whatever we collect during the close season & the current balance (around £1,400).I would urge everyone to maintain their contributions both now & over the summer so that we have as much as possible to help boost next season's wages.
I will confirm this as soon as I can,but its off to work right now.
gaz1889

Fans' fund Empty Re: Fans' fund

27/2/2013, 17:36
Makes me wonder why we bother.
I know we're not playing for much for the rest of this season but I don't see it as a reason to write it off in February. Why not use the last 10 games to build for next season? It may be an opportunity to give a few youngsters a chance but with all respect we all know these lads aren't going to be the foundations on which next seasons promotion push is built -if the board have given up why should the fans bother?
It's only 9 days since the board had the managers oozing their enthusiasm for all aspects of the club like a couple of puppets then they get delivered this kick in the teeth. They both seem like honest, enthusiastic hard working guys but I said at the time their appointment was a cop out & it seems now the board don't see them as the men to lead us forward.
What a complete shambles these last 6 months or so have been.
Brocker

27/2/2013, 17:43
And how confident are we that anyone will want the job of managing in such a dysfunctional (apparently) set-up? Would be managers will have seen what has happened: they will talk to Tony, Wainy, and Stringy......and then? Mad
alasher
alasher

27/2/2013, 22:54
I have spoken to Mick today,& we agreed that the LCFC Fans' Fund will give no more money to the club for the remainder of this season. All monies collected from now on will be left in the fans' fund bank account until next season begins. Hopefully this will mean that we will be able to make a larger weekly contribution to help increase the weekly wage bill,and hopefully bring in the players that whoever is the manager thinks that we need.Naturally I will be unable to let you know how much a week we will be handing over until in the summer time, when I will be able to asses how much money will be coming in each month,combined with the balance we will carry forward fron this season.
Steve
Brocker

28/2/2013, 11:55
I just hope people aren't tempted to pull out, though I could understand if they were.
distantmusic

28/2/2013, 14:42
Too true it would be understandable if people pulled out. We have a report on the back page of the LG advising that one director has resigned and 2 others are considering their position, given that Mick is doing all the talking it would be reasonable to assume he isn't one of them which would presumeably leave Stuart Houghton and David Needham and if they go Mick will be the sole Director, Director of Football and the Manager, basically a one man band. The last piece of info on the website is the Club Statement re the managers resigning so everyone is wondering what the hell is really going on and as a consequence trying hard not to put 2 and 2 together and make 5. I don't want to walk away but my loyalty is being seriously tested this time, I want to know exactly what the position is before the next pay date of 28th March, it is time for some openness and honesty on the club's behalf because for mine they should not assume that I'm on board whatever.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum